Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2016-07-12, 03:00)dukester Wrote: yes, swap on an USB key didnt do anything for me either, only SDcard works.
I just tried it with a 4GB class 4 microsd, created the swap partition swapon'ed it, and started a 1080p video. Went back and scrolled through my movie list, no problem on Media Info 2 view. Then switched to thumbnail and started scrolling through and after a bit it hitched then froze. My SSH session was still open and I was able to type `free` and the characters echoed back, but when I pressed enter it never came back with the results. The thumbnail images eventually loaded after 20 seconds or so but the movie never continued playing and the UI is locked.

Is it possible to modify or override /etc/amremote/remote.conf? It is on squashfs so the only way I know how to deal with that is extract the filesystem to a USB, edit it, recompress it and reflash the device with the new fs image. I have a Harmony and I'd like to have more buttons like use this remote.conf.

FAKE EDIT: Herp derp just answered my own question. Checked the /usr/lib/systemd/system directory and found amlogic-remotecfg.service, which calls /usr/lib/openelec/remote-config, which checks for a file in /storage/.config/remote.conf first before loading the default.
Code:
wget -O ~/.config/remote.conf https://github.com/zehnm/wetek-core-harmony/raw/master/remote.conf
sync && reboot
Buttons all work great using the "Wetek Play" remote definition in Harmony. Hooray!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AML S905 Media Player Options - by CapnBry - 2016-07-12, 05:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6