Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
Due to the fact that education of users and light moderation of the Kodi forum has failed completely to prevent the explosion of cheap Android Piracy hardware, I put forward the proposal that ALL cheap as chips Android Hardware should:

a) Be assumed guilty of running common Android Firmware that includes the usual Piracy Facilitation Kodi payloads (such as Kodimate)
b) HTTP Links to ALL such Hardware actually banned from being posted on the Kodi forums.
c) Sellers have to have a proven clean track record, endorsed by the Kodi community before recommendations are made.
d) Only clean Sellers and Brands get posted on Page #1 of this thread.

Yes I know buyers can then go elsewhere for their Piracy fix, but we can at the very least control what is posted here on the forums.
The onus should be on Android sellers to prove they are clean of Piracy, not the Kodi-community to sort through all the bullshit Hardware.

Kodi is now well known for Piracy and its hurting the entire project itself, you don't see an official Kodi thread titled:

The Piracy Box Sellers and Youtube Promoters Are Killing Kodi

without thinking Team-Kodi are pretty concerned as well.

A quote from that very thread:
Quote:Moral of the story. If your going to try to convince the world that your anti piracy, have some integrity about it. Walk the walk. Or find someone who will.
I've actually deleted links to this very thread in the "Pick the Right Kodi Box"

The very fact that Kodi's Official Piracy Policy has not been updated in over 4 years for setting policy in a fast moving tech forum is a stark indication that a complete re-think is needed.

The time for Band-Aid Piracy solutions and touchy feely tinkering at the edges has passed. Firmer action is needed IMHO.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by wrxtasy - 2016-08-13, 07:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6