Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2016-08-22, 13:57)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-08-22, 13:49)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-08-22, 13:42)trogggy Wrote: If you quote my post - which is nothing to do with android - then I think I'm entitled to assume there's some correlation.
I've tried kodi on android on a minimxiii and it's frankly rubbish.
SPMC is significantly better.
Libreelec is great. Not even comparable.
So FWIW...
Want a cheap box?
Read the various libreelec threads, find one (a box) that's well supported (and mine's on that list).
Be prepared to DIY, troubleshoot, tweak and it can be great.
Want something that works out of the box?
Spend more money.

The reason I posted was that we have the same box, I am using the Android OS that came with the box and not experiencing any power issues, I realise you may have a power issue on your box, just thought it might be useful input :-)

As I stated I am very happy with the box I already have a Beelink Mini MXlll once I installed Kodi from the play store.

Why do you say Kodi on Android on a Mini MXlll is rubbish?

What are you running on your Mini MXlll that is so great, apart from the current issue you are having?
I'm running kszaq's build from the libreelec forums.
If you want to try it I'd suggest starting with 005 on sd card - it's non-destructive (ie stick card in you get libreelec when you boot but without the sd card you boot to android), runs really well and is an easier install than 006.
The experience is seriously night and day.
Release thread: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-1172.html
Moaning and whingingDiscussion thread: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-524.html

Thanks for response.

Would you just elaborate on the differences I will get from Kodi on Android to what you are using, so I can decide whether to try it out?

It's just I think my Kodi on Android is good, maybe I have low expectations/requirements?

Can you run Android apps on what you are running?

I integrate some Android apps in to my Kodi build, iPlayer etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by Jeffers24 - 2016-08-22, 14:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6