Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2016-09-04, 13:38)netvlada Wrote:
(2016-09-02, 04:16)wrxtasy Wrote: And a Full Body Condom just to be sure, to accompany the Tin Foil Hat.

Let me ask how much Diesel emissions testing, did all those thousand of premium VW dealerships do worldwide when selling cars to customers?
Nada, none. There is a degree of trust from the manufacturer with every product sold to a customer, no matter what it is.

Let put this into perspective shall we, these ARM based AML SoC's cost next to nothing compared to full monty Intel i series products. Which still cannot give you 10bit Hardware HEVC and HDMI 2.0 at a relatively affordable price.

WeTek did actually test the original Revision B. S905 a hell of a lot and found video decoding produced artifacts for 10bit 2160p HEVC Sat. TV streams. This was directly relevant for the S905 line of products they intended to sell and actually delayed the launch of the S905 equipped WeTek Hub. The CPU speed pretty much pales into insignificance, when all you need is a decent GPU/VPU that Hardware decodes nearly everything.

Yes,but if amlogic kernel give false repoort thet clock is on 2.0ghz,and actual clock is on 1.5ghz,then wetek must to sell their products with 1.5ghz statements on the box and on their web site.
I did not pay to wetek via amlogic account,i have payed it to wetek account and need refund from them.
This is wetek problem,they did not test what they have bought from amlogic.

I agree, that analysis is spot on, ned who works for WETEK has already posted here that WETEK will amend the specs on their website to say the S905 runs at 1.5ghz not 2ghz. he's also asked users that want refunds due to misleading spec to contact WETEK support for refunds, so I would say contact them and request a refund if you feel fit. I don't know if the same announcement and offer has gone out on the WETEK website and forums... probably not....as I can see they havent even updated the specs yet they still read:

"Processor (CPU): AMLogic S905-H (up to 2 GHz Quad Core)" For the WETEK Hub.... Pretty slow reposnse compared to Hard Kernel.

It's also true that it doesn't appear that any testing was done to uncover the "cheat" that Amlogic had coded, i.e: the kernel silently ignores and drops any requests for clock speeds higher tha 1.5ghz. This may have been because...WETEK didn't specficially run any testing that would have uncovered this oparticular issues, or this is a sneakily coded "cheat" by Amlogic that has fooled a lot of people including benchmark testers, it's only know thats it's surfaced, thanks to investigation from end users who raised it with HardKernel, HardKernel confirmed the issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by gsmtech - 2016-09-05, 18:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6