Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2016-09-11, 21:20)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-09-11, 20:14)sunnyhero Wrote: Watch this video for more information for Beelink Mini MXIII II......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQUNGYRozQ8

Interesting, will Beelink provide an update to the OS on the Beelink Mini MX111 to Android 6?

I highly doubt it, from what I have seen the Beelink devices get something like 2 - 3 OTA firmware updates when they are first launched then nothing following on from that. MinIMX got 105L, 106L and 107L firmwares nothing after that, they didnt seem to add any kodi specific features. But the good news is from what I've seen is the Android build is pretty stable on the beelink devices. Saying that the early MiniMX devices were not even Beelink branded by'n is a plain device wth MiniMX stamped on the case. the MiniMX III was the first device to appear with beelink branding.

For the best Kodi experience your better off using LibreElec builds, personally I have Android on the NAND and I LibreElec Kszaq build on SD card, so i can choose which OS to boot up into Dual Boot in other words. So again these budget devices might not be for everyone, if your not capable or not willing to do a litttle bit of research and doing a bit of very basic technical work like being able to copy files using SAMBA shares, copying files to SD card etc, then maybe these devices may not be suitable for you. The OpenElec and LibreElec Kodi builds these devices are reliant on a couple of devs who put out their own time and effort to making the builds notably Alex at amlinuxmedia and Kszaq at LibreElec forums, theres also builds appearing on Freaktab which are ported from other manufacturers boxes Minix and Tronsmart for example.

It might even be that your needs are so basic that you can use the Android OS that comes preinstalled on the boxes and install Kodi or the android optimised fork by Koying SPMC directly from Google Play. Kodi is preintstalled on these boxes but it's not the latest version so it's better to install the latest version from Google Play.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by gsmtech - 2016-09-12, 09:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6