Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2016-09-13, 23:32)i_am_jond Wrote: Ordered myself a Beelink MINI MXIII II (S905X 2GB / 16GB) for £32.

Already got a Shield and passed my old Pi2 onto family so don't really need this. Just an impulse buy to mess around with and keep me from buying more expensive toys.

Will report back when it arrives, shipping from china so who knows how long that will be.

Might turn out to be a cracking purchase. Kszaq says he has no plans to build LibreElec right now for the S912 but there is basic support for S905X which is being worked on. So you probably made a good choice going with S905X and not S912 in terms of software support.

The Mini MX series is quite popular and confirmed to be of good build quality with good performance and compatibility with the developer builds of LibreElec. The base android build on these devices is also quite stable, I used SPMC on android for the first couple of months of owning a Mini MX (S905, 2g, 16g) it worked fine. Now I dual boot between Android on NAND, withe LibreElec on MicroSD card. For pure Kodi usage I use LibreElec if I want other apps I boot into Android.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by gsmtech - 2016-09-14, 10:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6