Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2016-11-18, 16:11)warlock09 Wrote:
(2016-11-18, 15:10)gsmtech Wrote: Heads up for UK based people.The mini m8s II box is on offer at gearbest ,25.65 GBP with free priority UK delivery for faster delivery from China. This is dirt cheap.

-Amlogic S905X (yes , the X )
-2Gb RAM
-16gb Flash

Sadly only 100meg LAN and only 2.4ghz WiFi. To be expected at this low price though.Definitely worth a punt now that S905X support is coming along nicely in LibreElec.

Use the code M8SBF to get the price down at checkout, make sure to select UK priority delivery as well it's free and should be faster.

The WiFi will probably have poor range so this device is better off for wired usage. Use LibreElec on this for kodi as it's android 6 so LibreElec will be better on this .

NOTE: I don't know what LibreElec support is like on this box. So do some reading on libre Elec forums first before you purchase.
What box do you have for your personal use?Do u have this?thanks any suggestions ??

No I don't have the box in the post mentioned but I have ordered one just to mess around with . I have a MiniMX s905 2gig ram, 16 gig flash , dual band WiFi , 1 gig ethernet box also known as the MiniMX v1 or minimx-G .

I would say get any S905 box but that is known to support LibreElec, make sure it's 2gig RAM though not 1 Gig. The beelink MiniMx III is a good solid box, you can still get the v1 version which I use as well. Note there are 2 different SOCS the S905 and the S905X. The S905 is better supported at this point, but the S905X is newer with support for a couple of new codecs. For the best support sick to S905.

Have a read on the libre elec forums to get a flavour of which boxes people are using.. Definitely avoid the S912 based devices they are not supported for librecerlec right now and android 6 is very buggy. Android 5.1.1 is a lot more stable .

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by gsmtech - 2016-11-18, 20:53
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6