Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2016-11-21, 22:35)Vitalero Wrote: Followed @gsmtech and @Jeffers24 and got me a Beelink s905x to test and learn how it all goes, it cheaps so I didnt mind, got LibreELEC on sdcard and it works smooth, my parents extremely happy and so far every single video works, even 3d videos [they got a 55' 3d tv]. I am extremely thankfull to these guys, I could have spend double or triple on other boxes which are rated higher here but instead got me a box for 47$ inc shipping, in 1month of use I had to reboot by removing the power cable only like 3 times, pretty smooth and the 2GB ram helps for buffering and cache manipulation of Kodi.
Regarding my own personal box, I will either pick another Beelink on Black Friday amazon/ebay this week or maybe wait for some nice Odroid newer version or even RPI4 if it will come with 2GB, will be happy to have one of those.

This Hardware sub-forum is extremely helpful, thank you Mr. wrxtasy for the guidance and opening the door to that cheap computer chips [rpi/od/bpi/pineA4] was researching about them after our conversation for a few weeks.

Well done for getting yourself a very capable device at a bargain price. I've said before anyone who's prepared to invest a little bit of time doing some reading and research and who has basic IT skills can get themselves a very good Kodi experience on a cheap Amlogic device.

Very easy to setup LibreElec on these devices to unleash their potential. If you need DRM content such as Neflx HD etc then a budget device wont fit the bill as they dont support Widevine L1 , but for most other general video playback they are spot on and cannot be beaten for price \ performance.

Most of the credit must go to the LibreElec community, developers and contributors who make it possible to unleash the potential of these budget devices, the manuacturers of the devices themselves generally provide Android builds which are broken for a lot of Kodi features like audio passthrough, dynamic refresh rate switching, fractional frame rates etc.. Although I have seen that Tanix and Tronsmart android firmares that have been ported for usage on some budget devices with workarounds for various issues.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by gsmtech - 2016-11-23, 23:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6