Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2017-01-09, 08:51)DEcosse Wrote:
(2017-01-09, 04:02)dWooluf Wrote: ... wrxtasy is talking to those who might want to switch operating systems from time to time

So am I .............

DEcosse Wrote:Dual booting is simple with a S905/X box running Librelec (kszaq) on SD card.
Insert SD Card, boots automatically to Librelec; eject SD Card, boots to Android.

d'Wooluf Wrote:..... Of course, no-one in the real world wants to boot into Android on a generic Chinese box ...
I for one do .........
I have a Chinese box and it actually works extremely well on Android; even runs SPMC quite effectively under Android, although doesn't have same level of decoding that LE has due to inherent Android limitations;
So Dual-Boot is an excellent way to go, if you want that additional capability that LE gives. (even if you have to get off the couch to click in the drive)
However many may just elect to eliminate Android completely if their SOLE intention is to run a Kodi variant (LibreElec)
As far as Stand-alone LE OS, kudos to kszaq who has done INCREDIBLE and tireless work in honing the capabilities on these type of boxes.

But personally I like ALSO having Android and use several apps, most notably Browser capability on which I can run my Subscription Streaming Service for the UK Football Club I follow. .
I actually just loaded Amazon Video app the other day also - my wife has Amazon Prime account so we have that capability too.

Do YOU actually have a box, or are you just regurgitating what you may have (mis)-heard?

I'm not holding this up to be the be-all to end-all - but this kind of nonsense comment is just not valid.

I have to ask again why we even have this thread, when people are so dismissive of these options.
Read the title folks - if this is not an option that interests you, why not just ignore it?
+3 plz install some reboot apk from play store and use option reboot from nand in libreelec to switch os Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by Bajann - 2017-01-09, 10:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6