• 65(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
Hi, many thanks for everyone here, it's been a realy helpful thread to choosing the right box for me.
So, I'm looking at the minimxiii ii right now and my concerns are good wifi (got a 5m and a wall between router and future streamer). Any observations on that?
I'll be hooking a 2TB usb disk to run 720p movies from within kodi if wifi fails.
Any experience with that? The power the streamer supplies should suffice w/o hiccups?
Has someone tried the app Yatse with the box? It's supposed to have airplay.
Also can someone comment on where best to buy it? It's a few dollars difference in Gearbest and Ebay.
The ebay seller has 98.9% rating but has some bad "fake" comments on some android boxes (not the minimxiii ii as far as I saw) so is Gearbest fast and reliable?

update: just looked at Gearbest A/Q and it says supports only 1TB. What a bummer Sad
If that's confirmed I'll have to get something else Sad

TIA
i had a mini mxiii and the wifi was terrible compared to the mi box. maybe the ii is better though, i don't know.

i got a gt1 as well (before all the bad reviews came out!) and it's still better than the mini mxiii by quite a bit.
(2017-02-05, 11:32)vibe666 Wrote: i had a mini mxiii and the wifi was terrible compared to the mi box. maybe the ii is better though, i don't know.

i got a gt1 as well (before all the bad reviews came out!) and it's still better than the mini mxiii by quite a bit.

Thx for sharing.
Hey, extracted this topic from a previous comment cause this is the only thing preventing a buy at the moment.
So, Gearbest answered to a guy that this box only supports 1TB usb disk. I have a 2TB one I plan to run movies from in kodi.
In another comment someone there complained that his 1TB disk wasn't even recognized.
Can the current praised libreelec version by kszaq overcome this limitation?

TIA
I have a Beelink minimxiii (not the v2) - no problem in Android or Libreelec with a 5TB external NTFS drive.
(2017-02-05, 13:21)trogggy Wrote: I have a Beelink minimxiii (not the v2) - no problem in Android or Libreelec with a 5TB external NTFS drive.

Thanks but two slightly different creatures I understand and there is that Gearbest limitation notice as I mentioned...
@CapHHH,

The best WiFi you will find for AML S905 devices comes from the Dual Band AC WiFi capable - Mi Box, WeTek Hub, MINIX U1 and an ODROID C2 with a AC WiFi adapter. But you are going to have to pay for the "Good Gear".

LibreELEC Kodi pretty much slaughters Android Kodi, both for Audio and Video support, DVB support, but also for Harddrive and Filesystem support as well. It also comes package with a built in SAMBA file server. Smile

Shocked 
(2017-02-05, 13:37)wrxtasy Wrote: @CapHHH,

The best WiFi you will find for AML S905 devices comes from the Dual Band AC WiFi capable - Mi Box, WeTek Hub, MINIX U1 and an ODROID C2 with a AC WiFi adapter. But you are going to have to pay for the "Good Gear".

I understand that but hoping for a nice surprise with the minimxiii ii after reading wifi reports.
Had the usb disk as an option if dissapointed so I need to be sure about that Confused
Just saw your libreelec comment about the harddrive and it's encouraging but still too general, maybe this box has a drive size limit unrelated to android?

Update: saw someone on Amazon which works with a 2TB hard disk no problemo so that's settled, I guess Smile
Mini mxiii(amlogic s905) have a good wifi speed with custom rom ,(bad wifi drivers with stock rom)u can add external antenna or you can use power line addapter (gigabit LAN port).....1gb ram devices is not good ...
(2017-02-05, 13:47)Bajann Wrote: Mini mxiii(amlogic s905) have a good wifi speed with custom rom ,(bad wifi drivers with stock rom)u can add external antenna or you can use power line addapter (gigabit LAN port).....1gb ram devices is not good ...

If allowed to say, which custom rom would you recommend?
(2017-02-05, 22:07)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-02-05, 13:47)Bajann Wrote: Mini mxiii(amlogic s905) have a good wifi speed with custom rom ,(bad wifi drivers with stock rom)u can add external antenna or you can use power line addapter (gigabit LAN port).....1gb ram devices is not good ...

If allowed to say, which custom rom would you recommend?

Minix port Wink

Hey, Bajann,

Thanks for that useful info Smile
Have you tried adding an external antenna?
I've got a Beelink Mini MXIII II running a Kszaq build (10 I think). Wifi is rock-solid for me. My router is a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 about 6 meters away from the Beelink with a double-brick wall in between.

Edit: I got mine from Gearbest. It hadn't arrived 6 weeks after order. I asked them to cancel the order and refund my money. So they sent the box. I'm quite happy with it.
Can you all recommend a good android box for streaming KODI addons? Budget less than $100.

What are the key factors to consider for Kodi?
RAM - Is 3 GB better than 2 GB for playing HD Live sports (without buffering)?
SOC - Amlogic 912 better than 905X?

Replacing a Nexus player (1 gb ram/8gb storage) which buffers a lot for HD live sports.

Any other pointers are appreciated too.
(2017-02-06, 04:58)quizzer25 Wrote: Can you all recommend a good android box for streaming KODI addons? Budget less than $100.

What are the key factors to consider for Kodi?
RAM - Is 3 GB better than 2 GB for playing HD Live sports (without buffering)?
SOC - Amlogic 912 better than 905X?

Replacing a Nexus player (1 gb ram/8gb storage) which buffers a lot for HD live sports.

Any other pointers are appreciated too.
Warning ! - please stop double posting across various threads - or I will start deleting such posts immediately.

The reason being is people do not want to duplicate answers that have already been given, those then become splattered all over the place - its un-neccessary and a waste of everyone's time.

There has already been a LOT written about the S912 if you had cared to read recent posts as well in this thread.

You have not given enough detail about how this Live streaming is occurring either.
WiFi or Ethernet ?
What Apps or Addons ? - if they are Banned Kodi Addons utilising Pirate Sports Streams we will not help, such discussion is against Kodi Forum rules.

• 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6