Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2017-03-20, 03:26)andrewilley Wrote: So this is basically a dual-bootable (loaded from memory card) cut-down/tailored version of Android designed with Kodi in mind, so the device boots straight into Kodi?
There is NO Android included with the LibreELEC OS at all - its a minimal Linux based OS specifically designed to run Kodi only. If you Pop the SD card out the box will boot into the internal Android OS. They are two completely seperate Operating Systems.

Quote:Which would presumably mean that without various installed bloatware, the difference between 8GB and 16GB local memory is pretty much irrelevant too. So I should probably opt for the S905X version?
LibreELEC need approx ~250MB of RAM for the OS/Kodi - even boxes with 1GB RAM can stream the highest bitrate 4K video files you want to throw at them. You are not running a PC with Windows here that needs heaps of RAM.

Quote:If I use LibreElec, can I still run the usual tools that I'm used to - for example ES File Explorer, or apps to let the device be seen as an SMB share on my local network so I can easily manipulate its files over the LAN or WLAN? Sorry for the noob questions.
LibreELEC is not Android - you cannot run Android Apps when using the LibreELEC OS. There is a built in SAMBA and SSH file server included with every LibreELEC distribution.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by wrxtasy - 2017-03-20, 04:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6