• 78(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2017-07-09, 05:52)clarkss12 Wrote: Another update, went into Netflix settings and changed it from 720P, to 1080p, now I am getting bitrate >> 5800kpps, Res. >> 1920 x 1080 Par 1:1. Again, it went to that resolution instantly.

I am using the "Example Short 23.976" for testing......
Also, my AVR is showing DD+
The test patterns seem to play smoothly. Try a real show and see what happens.
Tested a video using the 1080P setting, and yes, it did not play smoothly. Bumped the LibreELEC setting back down to 720P and the video portion is very watchable, but the lip sync is off and gets worse as the video progresses.

This command "Control+alt+shift+D" is supposed to get me into the stats for nerds, but it doesn't work.
Any of u guys here have the nexbox a95x 2g 16g dual band wifi ?Anyone manage to run librelelec on it ising a usb stic ??thanks..

Sent from my SM-N910F
(2017-07-09, 16:16)clarkss12 Wrote: This command "Control+alt+shift+D" is supposed to get me into the stats for nerds, but it doesn't work.

Assuming you're talking about the Kodi plugin rather than the Android app, isn't CTRL+ALT+ SHIFT+D only in the official Netflix App (and possibly the web client)?

What do O and CTRL+SHIFT+O bring up (which are the two Kodi codec / debug OSD shortcuts)?
(2017-07-15, 13:35)noggin Wrote:
(2017-07-09, 16:16)clarkss12 Wrote: This command "Control+alt+shift+D" is supposed to get me into the stats for nerds, but it doesn't work.

Assuming you're talking about the Kodi plugin rather than the Android app, isn't CTRL+ALT+ SHIFT+D only in the official Netflix App (and possibly the web client)?

What do O and CTRL+SHIFT+O bring up (which are the two Kodi codec / debug OSD shortcuts)?

Doggonit, that was so simple, I just clicked "o" and it brought up the "audio/video" information..........

thanks.....

Btw, updated to John Galt's version 9.0.0 testing 6. Ran a 1080P video, but it played in 720P with DD+ perfectly, no audio sync issues at all with this update.

Love that detail overlay by using the "o" on my keyboard.

OverLay
(2017-07-15, 18:48)clarkss12 Wrote: Doggonit, that was so simple, I just clicked "o" and it brought up the "audio/video" information..........

thanks.....

Btw, updated to John Galt's version 9.0.0 testing 6. Ran a 1080P video, but it played in 720P with DD+ perfectly, no audio sync issues at all with this update.

Love that detail overlay by using the "o" on my keyboard.

OverLay

There's 2 different ones, CTRL+SHIFT+O gives you PlayerDebug
Then the one you posted is PlayerProcessInfo
(2017-06-23, 23:09)clarkss12 Wrote: Trebor from Freaktab, posted about this (MECOOL M8S Pro+ TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 - UK PLUG + 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM BLACK) $46 Android box. Surprisingly, it says it does Netflix in HD with Dolby Digital, if true, it will be the first Chinese box that supports Netfix in HD.

Of course, there are bets if the advertising is based on alternative facts.

Bets are being taken about whether this box actually supports Netflix in HD.

So, I got one of this. Surprisingly, it does have Widevine DRM Level 1 and HDCP 1.x Just like the Minix U9-H, if you use the patched or "massaged" (the term that some one here likes to use) Wink version of Netflix, you can get 720p streaming. HBO Go does support 1080p with Dolby Digital Plus. Google Play Movies is 480p.

As for Kodi playback, HD audio passthrough (IEC) is supported, but there is no refresh rate switching. This has one of the newer firmware which sets the Deep Color mode automatically and it is very flaky. HDR seems to work properly (it is not always at 10-bit because of the aforementioned issue).

Since it is very cheap, I can see folks using it with dual boot (LE for Kodi and Android for protected content streaming). It may have a better performance than the software decoding in inputstream adaptive addon.
(2017-06-24, 05:32)wrxtasy Wrote: Transferred from the START HERE thread....

[quote='clarkss12' pid='2607877' dateline='1498252170']
Trebor from Freaktab, posted about this (MECOOL M8S Pro+ TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 - UK PLUG + 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM BLACK) $46 Android box. Surprisingly, it says it does Netflix in HD with Dolby Digital, if true, it will be the first Chinese box that supports Netfix in HD.
Decided to do some Sherlock-ing and do a bit of reading over on Freaktab, consensus:

- Bullsh1t advertising lessened a tiny bit Wink
- Yes Widevine Level 1 is included.
- IR remote has all remote IR commands hardcoded in u-boot (non standard) - so the remote will not work in LibreELEC
- No Linux drivers available for WiFi - so no working WiFi with LibreELEC

- The stock Nougat v7.1.1 Firmware is slow and buggy (no surprise), so then you flash alternate Firmware...
- If you flash a custom Firmware you will loose Widevine L1 - so back to standard 480p video streaming. This tells me Widevine is not implemented properly or these cheap Chinese sellers are likely Illegally copying certificates from somewhere.

Flashing alternate Firmware should not kill Widevine L1. It certainly does not on the MINIX U9, WeTek devices or the Shield.

Really if you need cheap Android TV with proper DRM and HDCP there is no competition - buy a $69 Xiaomi Mi Box - which has the best Wireless remote on any ATV box.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr. My box is still "shipping", been that way since July 12. This is unusual for Geekbuying, I have purchased a lot from them and it has never taken more than 10 days from order until it is at my mail box.

Magendanz, says there is a new OEM version available.....

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...post658172

Also, where is the link for the "special" Netflix that runs in 720PHuh
thanks
I have a Xiaomi MiBox, and a Nexus Player, but too boring for me. If it "JUST" works out of the box, I don't use it, no challenge. I also have a Zidoo X9S, but it sits gathering dust.

Give me these inexpensive devices and I am in heaven.
(2017-07-24, 08:29)wrxtasy Wrote: Flashing alternate Firmware should not kill Widevine L1. It certainly does not on the MINIX U9, WeTek devices or the Shield.

I think if you use a different base firmware, Widevine L1 may not show up because the required library files are missing. I think the guys on freaktab are doing that. There is no alternate firmware based on the base firmware for this particular model.

(2017-07-24, 15:33)clarkss12 Wrote: Grrrrrrrrrrrr. My box is still "shipping", been that way since July 12. This is unusual for Geekbuying, I have purchased a lot from them and it has never taken more than 10 days from order until it is at my mail box.

Also, where is the link for the "special" Netflix that runs in 720PHuh
thanks
Mine shipped on July 5th. I chose the express shipping. It came to the U.S. within 2 days and then was in Alabama for almost a week before I got it.

You can find the 5.0.5 version here: http://minixforum.com/threads/netflix-v5...ost-131704
Thanks, Wesk05 for that link, I will try it, when/or ever, I receive my box.
(2017-07-24, 16:37)clarkss12 Wrote: Thanks, Wesk05 for that link, I will try it, when/or ever, I receive my box.

Which box is it you are waiting for?
(2017-07-25, 20:20)xboxuser Wrote:
(2017-07-24, 16:37)clarkss12 Wrote: Thanks, Wesk05 for that link, I will try it, when/or ever, I receive my box.

Which box is it you are waiting for?

MECOOL M8S PRO

Edit, I am waiting for the MECOOL M8S PRO Plus, Amlogic S905X, the one without the PLUS is an Amlogic S912. The
(2017-07-25, 20:40)clarkss12 Wrote: MECOOL M8S PRO

Edit, I am waiting for the MECOOL M8S PRO Plus, Amlogic S905X, the one without the PLUS is an Amlogic S912. The

Thanks, I thought so. I just stumbled over that box during research, but built-in wireless is not supported by LibreElec yet ( as pointed out by wrxtasy some posts above ).
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6