Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2017-09-16, 14:31)seppi2204 Wrote: @wrxtasy: Hi, I've read about your dual-boot setup with the Minix NEO U9-H and I'm pretty interested in buying exactly the same setup for my newly bought LG OLED 4k TV. It would be great if you could share some additional informations which I couldn't reliable determine when reading some pages of this thread.

Quote:> Network performance: I've seen that the device got some limitations regarding network speed. Are there improvements when using the device with libreelec? What speed can be reached?
There were some early WiFi SMB performance issues early on when the S912's were released. Not sure if they were fixed. They likely have been. Best to join the MINIX forums and ask that specific SMB / WiFi question.

To be honest I hardly ever use WiFi and SMB. Always Gigabit LAN and SMB seems fine even when testing High Bitrate 4K.
Have not seen any reports from MINIX forums of Android users reporting about poor SMB speeds, even from the 4K viewing guys.
MINIX U9 - LibreELEC has no issues either with LAN. WiFi seems fine as well.

Quote:> HDR: When I'm correct the Minix support any available HDR Format including Dolby Vision. But in the Android OS it doesn't seem to recognize the HDR Metadata and therefore doesn't output a HDR Signal. Could you test this behaviour? Whats the case in Libreelec?

@wesk05 would be them man that know the status of U9 HDR, I have no HDR TV - only a 10bit non HDR TV.

There have been 6 Android Firmware updates since the U9 has come out that have fixed a bunch of HDR output issues.
LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on S905X, S905D and S912 using @kszaq LibreELEC releases now supports HDR10 output.

Not sure if anyone has even tested Dolbyvision yet on a DV TV to be honest - the S912 with correct Firmware is certainly capable both with Android and LibreELEC. Dolbyvision clips definitely play - its the correct, metadata mapping that needs testing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by wrxtasy - 2017-09-16, 15:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6