Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2017-09-17, 08:54)wesk05 Wrote:
(2017-09-16, 15:04)wrxtasy Wrote:
Quote: HDR: When I'm correct the Minix support any available HDR Format including Dolby Vision. But in the Android OS it doesn't seem to recognize the HDR Metadata and therefore doesn't output a HDR Signal. Could you test this behaviour? Whats the case in Libreelec?

@wesk05 would be them man that know the status of U9 HDR, I have no HDR TV - only a 10bit non HDR TV.

There have been 6 Android Firmware updates since the U9 has come out that have fixed a bunch of HDR output issues.
LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on S905X, S905D and S912 using @kszaq LibreELEC releases now supports HDR10 output.

Not sure if anyone has even tested Dolbyvision yet on a DV TV to be honest - the S912 with correct Firmware is certainly capable both with Android and LibreELEC. Dolbyvision clips definitely play - its the correct, metadata mapping that needs testing.
HDR10 metadata passthrough isn't a problem on U9-H. I would be glad to be proven wrong, but I think Dolby Vision support may require a "special" SDK from Amlogic or even a different revision of the SoC. HLG also doesn't work. I have seen HDMI 2.0b being mentioned for S912 SoCs. I am not sure whether the port is actually HDMI 2.0b or not.

Hmm,.. I just found this interesting article (https://www.newswire.com/news/amlogic-tr...y-14570757), which mentions that the minix supports the Dolby Vision format. What exactly is meant here with supporting? Just the ability to playback media with this format without passthroughing the metadata content?

From my point of view it's critical for a media player to support this format, as it seems to get the new HDR standard for Blu-Ray Discs and therefore any dynamic HDR content in the next time. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just starting to get an overview of this HDR/4k Format Jungle.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by seppi2204 - 2017-09-17, 14:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6