Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2017-10-16, 05:21)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes these important reasons - >> No DRM Widevine L1 or HDCP 1.x that is needed for 720/1080p Netflix and other paid for copy protected streaming Apps.
For AMLogic boxes - only the S912 MECOOL M8S Pro L, S912 MINIX U9 and also the WeTek Hub / Play2 have those.

For a properly working Amazon Prime App - you need a NVIDIA Shield or actual Amazon Hardware.
The 2017 AMLogic S905Z 4K HDR FireTV Gen3, released in 8 days time will also have Amazon Prime.

This stuff was already repeated in the post above yours:

Quote:For any 1080p Netflix on any Android device you need at least Widevine L1 and HDCP 1.x. And the correct Android Firmware frameworks.
If your box was not sold with that DRM forget about 1080p Netflix, HBO etc. it cannot be added via flashing any Firmware found on a website.
This is why specific MECOOL boxes names keep popping up, because they are now sold with Widevine L1 DRM and HDCP 1.x.

I got the T95Z because I thought I could deal with the netflix/hulu at less than perfect quality. Never again. That thing is terrible. Returned it. Going with the new Fire TV at essentially the same price. Won't get "pro octacore performance" but at least it will be stable and I can return it. I'm sure there will be some custom goodness out there for Kodi soon enough. Might try another box if they're better. Have 70 or 80 bucks I need to use on amazon.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by acesrhigh - 2017-10-17, 22:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6