• 91(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2017-11-17, 14:36)pszab Wrote:
(2017-11-17, 14:30)clarkss12 Wrote:
(2017-11-17, 14:16)pszab Wrote: Hi!
What's happening if a tv is old and not supported hdcp? Does M8SProL play hd netflix? 
Thanks
 Why do you think your old TV does NOT support HDCP?  From my experience, this box is finicky about how the HDCP (or lack of HDCP) is implemented.  
I have two devices s905x and s912 as well. drminfo says security=l3, hdcp level=unsupported, max hdcp level=1x on both.
The tv is a samsung 46b6000 from 2009. That's why i think but it can be wrong 
Looking at that model of TV, it has 4 HDMI inputs, but no description on the HDCP level.  I would guess that the Mecool M8S Pro Plus and Pro L would both play Netflix on that TV if connected directly to one of the HDMI ports. 

My Mecool boxes, both the Mecool Pro Plus and Pro L, would not play Netflix in HD on my 2 year old Sceptre, but would play in HD on my really old Olevia TV.
Very few TVs (as distinct from computer monitors) sold with HDMI connectors do not support HDCP.  If you're in Europe - I'd come close to saying none do.
I have a 20 12 odd year old Philips tv that plays netflix at 720p from a mecool pro+ with libreelec.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-11-18, 23:51)nickr Wrote: I have a 20 odd year old Philips tv that plays netflix at 720p from a mecool pro+ with libreelec.
Your 20 year old TV has HDMI?  Shocked  HDMI forum was formed only in 2002.
Hmmm I may have overestimated it's age. I find 2005 interviews for it. Post amended.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Has anyone tried one of these Zidoo H6 Pro boxes with Kodi??  It uses an Allwinner SoC, but supports Widevine level 1 with HDCP-2.2, which on paper, should support Netflix in 4k.  Before I purchase one, I really would like to know how it works in Kodi, and does it passthrough HD audio (supposedly it does).  It also has a Bluetooth remote, which is a good change for these inexpensive Chinese boxes.  It is a little more expensive, than I am used to paying for these boxes, but maybe it is worth it.

Trebor, from Freaktab, shows a screen grab, showing it has HDCP-2.2.  I really, really, don't need or WANT one of these boxes, but afraid I can't help my self.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...post674985
May find the info you want on H6 Pro here.
(2017-11-25, 16:45)hdmkv Wrote: May find the info you want on H6 Pro here.
 Thanks, for the link, guess the HD audio with HDMI passthrough in Kodi is NOT working.  Blessing for me so far, so  I don't have to purchase one.  On a side note, I do have the Zidoo X9S, but have not used it in months, if it JUST works, I don't use it.
I'm generally happy with X9S. Supports HDR w/my Epson 5040UB PJ, 3D of course, HD audio & does proper framerates. Doesn't do 1080p/4K switching, so letting it upscale eveything to 4K. ZDMC (Kodi) is an external player solution, but it's pretty seamless.

Recently tried a S912 box w/LibreELEC for 1080p/4K switching & pure Kodi, but given how finicky the Epson PJ is with HDR (only 24p / 4:2:2 / 12-bit BT2020 works), I couldn't get the box to send a compatible signal supporting 10/12bit (always got 8bit). I think the Epson actually converts 10bit into 12bit, or it shows "12bit" with anything 10bit.

4K compatibility is such as mess with box, OS, display, AVR, HDMI cable & app variables. All the stars need to align Wink.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
¿Is there any big drawback of the mecool not having the reset button? If u flash Libreelec to the internal NAND, u can go back to android after?
(2017-12-02, 19:30)Hammurabi Wrote: ¿Is there any big drawback of the mecool not having the reset button? If u flash Libreelec to the internal NAND, u can go back to android after?
 I don't have a drawback, with a FLIRC it turns on and off and the reset button if you needed one is just unplugging it and plugging it back in.  You also shouldn't flash LibreELEC to internal NAND; just put it on a small SD card.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
Turning on and off does not reset.

I cannot understand your advocacy for not writing to nand. What is your reasoning?
These days it's just as effective to easily copy LibreELEC's Data Partition to internal eMMC flash.
This is done after you have LE running from a SD card.

[HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

You can continue as well to simply do Android / Android TV ROM OTA.zip updates because it does not touch that user Data partition. That is the fastest Dual Boot setup you can implement with no downsides I can see.

Effectively you are just using the SD card for initial LE booting. Works well. Smile

Do NOT use the Low level AMLogic USB burning tool for flashing , that will kill everything with such a setup.

Which one of those boxes can do chromecasting?
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6