Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2018-08-19, 03:53)wrxtasy Wrote: Your post from Freaktab...
Quote:I tested my KM8 box by playing the free "The Polar Bears", but no indication of what resolution it is playing. It just started playing with NO message about "HD purchases will play in SD on this device".

If there are NO messages warning about Purchased or Rented HD content streaming in SD only then I'm 99.9% certain the KM8 is Google Certified. This is in addition to actually having working Chromecasting of DRM protected content. You will see the same behavior on the Goggle Certified Shield and Mi Box.

That Google Movies SD warning message appears on every uncertified Android device running a community built Android TV ROM I've seen. 
Wrxtasy, the only problem with that test, was that it did the same thing on one of my older boxes that does not support any type of HDCP.   So, that told me that, that test was invalid.  However, by **casting** from the Google Play running on my computer, in my mind DOES PROVE that this device IS Google Certified.  See the picture I posted to my dropbox.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - by clarkss12 - 2018-08-19, 04:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6