Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2020-01-04, 12:19)wrxtasy Wrote: Ugoos are well known brand that seem to have good quality control over the internal components they use in their devices, so hardware is likely to last longer vs generic Chinese Android devices.

The Ugoos X2 Cube with included Gigabit LAN seems good bang for the buck.
That will give you 4K HDR & HD audio , inc lossless Multichannel for a snappy CoreELEC Kodi platform.

Plug n Play these days, the polished, powerful, ODROID N2 - CoreELEC edition works well too. All you really need is 2GB RAM for a snappy CE Kodi. Smile

More info regarding quality brands that use virtually all the same Spec hardware in each model using quality, faster RAM, eMMC components vs the Chinese highly variable spec, that use the cheapest components available in the factory for that manufacture period.

See the CoreELEC forum (click)

Basically what I’m saying is you get what you pay for in most cases with this type of hardware.

(2020-01-04, 19:14)antony23 Wrote: Are you sure 4gb ram and s922x is not the way for my usage? And emmc would not be preferable than sd card to run ce?

RAM 4GB vs 2GB for a minimal Linux OS like CoreELEC is not so important, but fast high quality Samsung eMMC flash storage will make a noticeable difference to Boot times, Kodi metadata scraping speed, .tar update and CE Kodi backups.

Wireless remotes that have their own mini USB RF receiver dongle are generally the fastest and most reliable of the lot vs anything Infra Red or Bluetooth.
Batteries in my MINIX A2 lite remote last around 6 months of daily use. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - by wrxtasy - 2020-01-07, 08:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6