Windows 10 - Kodi refresh rate change switching to wrong resolution
So, i have uninstalled Jarvis and installed the lates Isengard 15.2 (not the DX11 build).

Same behavior as with Jarvis Beta 5. Here is the log: http://xbmclogs.com/pxtwcvhjh

What i am not understanding is, who is switching the resolution? And only if not allready at 23/24Hz !?
On my old NUC I also tried the OpenElec Version. I do not know the differences in the code base for these systems for the refresh rate switching, but there the refresh rate change worked as expected. Wanted only mention this.

Now the question: What can i do now to help you debugging this strange behavior? Just ask and i will do my best Wink.
mo74 Wrote:On my old NUC I also tried the OpenElec Version. I do not know the differences in the code base for these systems for the refresh rate switching, but there the refresh rate change worked as expected. Wanted only mention this (affecting also intel drivers) <- just speculating.

Exactly - that's what I also don't understand. I will ask our windows dev to see if he has an idiea. From what I see - it seems a heavy bug in the display driver _or_ in one of the many AMD 24hz workarounds.

Stay tuned. Thanks for reporting back!

Edit: I reported this thread to afedchin, give him time - he is fighting alone on the windows front, please!
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm experiencing issues that might be related. I've just replaced my TV with a Samsung 4k modell and have started to get stuttering video since then (made a thread about it just today).

-->
There is something that seems strange: I can select 2160p resolutions with 60 and 50Hz in nvidia control panel - also my old card (nv gtx740) sports no hdmi 2.0 and shouldn't be able to provide more than 24Hz in 2160p, should it? I just thought that this might be somewhat related when you said "driver bug"...
<-- EDIT: this was non sense
(2016-01-11, 21:10)BigKid Wrote: I'm experiencing issues that might be related. I've just replaced my TV with a Samsung 4k modell and have started to get stuttering video since then (made a thread about it just today).
There is something that seems strange: I can select 2160p resolutions with 60 and 50Hz in nvidia control panel - also my old card (nv gtx740) sports no hdmi 2.0 and shouldn't be able to provide more than 24Hz in 2160p, should it? I just thought that this might be somewhat related when you said "driver bug"...

Nope - it's not related at all. Open your own thread. Samsung have some "Cinema Mode" stuff, that calculates intermediate images ... and that most of the time goes heavily wrong. But please don't highjack this thread.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok, i will check this thread from time to time to see if there are some news or afedchin or you need some infos or testing.

If i can help then do not hasitate to contact me.

Thank you very much for your great work !!!
Fritsch
thanks for pointing me in the right direction with this. i've improved mine using the registry hacks. it still plays 1080p 24hz stuff at 4k 24hz but i can deal with that at least the frame rate is correct and kodi menus run at 60hz
(2016-01-12, 00:47)apriliaedd Wrote: Fritsch
thanks for pointing me in the right direction with this. i've improved mine using the registry hacks. it still plays 1080p 24hz stuff at 4k 24hz but i can deal with that at least the frame rate is correct and kodi menus run at 60hz

It's not good as your gpu needs to do all the upscaling which is not good and needs a lot of performance. Also the 4k res is not the 3840x2160 native res. That really needs to be solved. As a workaround, you could alter your TV's EDID and just remove those 4k modes for now and see what happens.
@mo74
Can you try same with disabled setting Use fullscreen window i.e. with true full screen mode? lets provide switching resolution to dxgi system
(2016-01-13, 09:24)afedchin Wrote: @mo74
Can you try same with disabled setting Use fullscreen window i.e. with true full screen mode? lets provide switching resolution to dxgi system

ok, I will try that as soon I have finished work today
@afedchin
So, tried that with setting "use full screen window" disabled. Same behavior as with the option enabled.
Do you need a debug log?
(2016-01-13, 18:01)mo74 Wrote: Do you need a debug log?
It's required! Blush
(2016-01-14, 10:05)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-01-13, 18:01)mo74 Wrote: Do you need a debug log?
It's required! Blush

So, here is the debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/p31kxdzgu Wink
Seems something goes wrong in GPU drivers because Kodi selects resolution properly
Quote:20:41:08 T:6100 DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::SetFullScreenInternal - Current display mode is: [email protected]
20:41:08 T:6100 DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::SetFullScreenInternal - Found matched mode: [email protected]
20:41:08 T:6100 DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::SetFullScreenInternal - Switching mode to [email protected].
And now? How can we proceed debugging this behavior?

I had this issue with my old NUC (Core i5-4250) and now with my Core i5-6600.
Is there no one out there except me using the internal Intel Graphics on Core iX CPUs?
My HTPC works on Intel HD4000 and it works without an issue. If you buy a 4K TV for me I'll try to reproduce an issue because I don't know why your drivers switches TV to 4K resolution for 1080p@23,976/24

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 - Kodi refresh rate change switching to wrong resolution0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.