Release Revolve
A new Revolve beta-release for Kodi Jarvis is available! This new release consists of custom colors for Revolve, several small improvements and some bugfixes. The Revolve-script hasn't changed, so you only need to install this for a fresh installation.

Warning: If you install this beta-release, you will have to update to the next stable release manually (the official Kodi repository doesn't recognize the beta-label and assumes that you're running the latest version). And this is a beta-release, so you might experience some bugs.

The most interesting changes are:
- I've added custom colors to the skin-settings. There is no protection to prevent you from choosing the same color for all elements, so use this option with a little caution. Big Grin
- I've made some small interface improvements, especially to the Panels-view.
- I fixed some bugs.

Custom color settings (the 'custom colour' button takes you to a color-mixer so you can mix your own colors)

Download the script from GitHub: Revolve script 1.1.0 for Kodi Isengard/Jarvis

Download from GitHub: Revolve 4.0.1~beta3 for Kodi Jarvis
.....So far, so good. Awesome job as always Malthus!!
I'm glad you like it, Borg-101. Thanks!

Today I've made a new release for Kodi Jarvis. You can install version 4.0.1 by downloading the zip-file and manually adding it to Kodi (Home Menu > Settings > Add-ons > Install From Zip File > browse to the downloaded file and select it). I hope to have this release added to the Kodi repository (but with a higher version 4.1.0) so you can wait for an automatic update.

Download from GitHub: Revolve 4.0.1 for Kodi Jarvis

The most interesting changes are:
- Fixed some bugs.
Today the new version of Revolve was added to the Kodi repository. You can download Revolve 4.1.0 from here of wait for an automatic update. If you downloaded and installed Revolve 4.0.1 there is no need to upgrade, I only changed the version.

Download from GitHub: Revolve 4.1.0 for Kodi Jarvis

And today Revolve was added to Transifex. If you want to use Revolve in another language, register at Transifex and start translating. Big Grin
Nice skin.... very original.
Good work!

Does the skin support the Artist Slideshow plugin?

I ask because when I play music, the background on the Now Playing screen is blank. No fanart...
One thought is that I use Emby for Kodi for my database and possibly the skin is not finding the path to the fanart.
Seems as it would though as I use direct paths in the database to the media....

Thanks

I am using the latest Kodi Jarvis and just added Revolve from the Kodi Repository on 3/18.
(2016-03-19, 23:33)JDizzy Wrote: Does the skin support the Artist Slideshow plugin?

No.

But I've read the description on the Kodi Wiki, and I think it is not very hard to add this plugin. I'll try to add it in the future.
(2016-03-20, 15:51)Malthus Wrote:
(2016-03-19, 23:33)JDizzy Wrote: Does the skin support the Artist Slideshow plugin?

No.

But I've read the description on the Kodi Wiki, and I think it is not very hard to add this plugin. I'll try to add it in the future.

That would be great and appreciated!

Seems like when using the Playing Now screen, the song information comes on at bottom of screen, then goes away.
There is no fanart of artist playing shown... just a black screen.
Would be nice to have Artist Slideshow start and also an option to have music information stay on screen also.
(2016-03-21, 01:11)JDizzy Wrote: Seems like when using the Playing Now screen, the song information comes on at bottom of screen, then goes away.

The music information is handled by Kodi. You can make the music information stay on the screen by activating the info (on a keyboard this is probably done by pressing the 'i' key, and on a remote control there might be an 'info' key you can use).
Photo 
I just started using Revolve on my Raspberry Pi 3 on Jarvis and have a question. When using the context menu during movie playback, not all of the fields (rows and columns) are visible. Only three rows are visible and the data at the end of the rows on the far right are cut off. Is there any way for me to make the font smaller and expose the other three rows of data provided by Kodi so that all the data is shown? Thanks for the great skin. Revolve really stands out as the most unique looking skin I've found.

The codec information doesn't look very good. This information is supposed to be written to a multi-line label, but it only shows a single line. I'll fix it in the next release.

If you cannot wait for the next release, you can copy the fixed files from the GitHub repository and copy them to your add-on directory. The fix is done in the VideoFullScreen.xml, and it uses an include from Basics.xml.
Thanks. I'll give it a try. Looking forward to the next release.
I downloaded VideoFullScreen.xml and Basics.xml from GitHub, dropped them into the 1080i folder, and lost all text on my home screen. I had backed up the originals so it wasn't a big deal but I guess I'll wait for the next release.

Here is a new beta-release for Kodi Jarvis. You can install this beta-version by downloading the zip-file and manually adding it to Kodi (Home Menu > Settings > Add-ons > Install From Zip File > browse to the downloaded file and select it).

Warnings: If you install this beta-release, you may have to update to the next stable release manually (the official Kodi repository doesn't recognize the beta-label and assumes that you're running the latest version). And this is a beta-release, so you might experience some (more) bugs. In this release, I've made a lot of changes to the skin settings. Your skin settings should be updated automatically, but it might not work flawlessly.

Download from GitHub: Revolve 4.1.1~beta1 for Kodi Jarvis.

The Revolve script file didn't change since Revolve 3.1.0, so you can download it from the Kodi repository, or from GitHub.

The most interesting change are:
- Added translations (for the first time).
- Added support for the Autocompletion for Virtual Keyboard add-on.
- Added support for the Artist Slideshow add-on.
- Added more skin settings to configure the Exit Menu.
- Added several interface improvements, including the correct display of the codec information in the VideoFullScreen-window.
- Fixed some bugs.

@vile80r, the Autocompletion plugin is supported now. You'll probably have to enable it in the skin settings (Home Menu > Settings > Revolve > Miscellaneous Settings > enable the Autocompletion for Virtual Keyboard radiobutton).

@JDizzy, the Artist Slideshow is supported now. You'll probably have to enable it in the skin settings (Home Menu > Settings > Revolve > Media Settings > enable the Use Artist Slideshow radiobutton).

@drfreema, the codec information should be fixed now. And I don't have a clue why your Home Menu was completely blank Confused
Its wonderful but slow in my machine. Thanks
Here is a new beta release for Kodi Isengard. This new release consists of some bugfixes and some small interface improvements.

You can install this version by downloading the zip-file and manually adding it to Kodi (Home Menu > Settings > Add-ons > Install From Zip File > browse to the downloaded file and select it).

Revolve for Kodi Isengard: Revolve 3.1.1~beta2.

The Revolve-script hasn't changed, so you only need to install this for a fresh installation. You can download it from the Kodi repository, or from GitHub.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revolve1