Sudden duplicate entries issue / how to fix???
Hi all
Am (still) on 13.3 xbmc (the gotham one) and suddenly as out ofnothing i get duplicate entries roighly as outlined here:
- 3 movies sources, lets say A B and C
- A has about 600 movie entries, B about 300 and C about 20
- notmally that totals to 920 or so movies
- just this evening it is suddenly 1520
- all the movies in A appear to have double entries, with (seemingly) exact same paths
- if i set content type of A to "none", itonly clears out one of the duplicate sets (so now 920 left)
- if again set A to "movies", andupdate, i end up with 1520 again....

How can i clear my lib from the duplicate entries? I dont think its a gothm bug as never happened before in the 2y i am running it
I dont want to upgrade it as Ace skin doesnt run above xbmc v13

Thanks!
I had a similar experience (I am on v16 Beta 5), but only a few items duplicated, not the entire library. I just removed the sources, which prompted to remove all items from the library, then I added the sources again and let the library be completely rebuilt.
If it were me I would re-name the videodb and textures file in userdata/database, as well as the thumbnails folder.
Then start up xbmc, set content and re-scan the library. If all good then the re-named files can be deleted.
Takes a bit of time but not much effort that way.
Edit: doing that would lose watched status, if that's important to you.
What do you mean by rename db? ie how do i do that?
Crank up your Android file manager of choice.
Go into the kodi userdata folder - probably something like Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/.userdata.

Look in the 'Database' folder for a file called MyVideosxx.db (xx is a number) and re-name it (anything - eg MyVideosxxwonky.db).
Do the same with Texturesxx.db - re-name it.
Now go back to the userdata folder (ie up a level) and re-name the Thumbnails folder.

What you've done there is to completely remove the library. You could delete those files / folders rather than re-name, but this way you haven't lost any data until you know the new library is working correctly.

Now start xbmc, set content, scan, check everything's okay - if it is delete the files / folders you initially re-named.
Phantom source (wiki)

"Source A" has two sources, one that you can see, and one that is a phantom. For some reason, the two have slightly different paths (Kodi is case sensitive, etc). The link will explain how to kill the phantom. If you don't mind rescraping everything, then trogggy's suggestion will be easier.
Hi Ned
There seems to be no link in your post...
Meanwhile i had started with trogggy's suggestion last nite
Just getting up and will check soon if it worked :-)
It did work
Thanks!
I'm having this problem with 15.2 and 16 Beta on FireTV4K.

I even completely deleted the Kodi folder on the FireTV and did fresh installs but still have the "phantom" copies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sudden duplicate entries issue / how to fix???0