Win adding artists to library
I am running Kodi 15.2 in Windows 10. Whenever I click "update library" to add an artist to the music library, instead of just picking up the new artist (as it used to do) and downloading metadata for that artist, Kodi now scans the entire library from beginning to end. Afterwards when I scroll through the library I find many of the artist thumbnails gone and the hi-res album covers I had downloaded replaced wioth the default low-res album covers instead. (I use Kodi on a 55 inch TV display) This seems to have started recently about verion 14 or 15 and it's driving me nuts. Is there a setting or something to get it to behave the way it used to? Thank you in advance
I am guessing that you have "Fetch additional information during updates" enabled. Can you check?

When Kodi scrapes additional artist or album information from external sources it overwrites any previous thumbnail selections you may have made. This is frustrating as others have noted, but unfortunately it is how it currently works. Not sure it counts as a bug or a "design feature", but it is something that could benefit from changes.

In Isengard scraping happens:

a) When you look at artist or album information dialog for that artist/album for the first time if it has not already been scraped (in Jarvis you need to click refresh) it scrapes that album/artist
b) When you click "refresh" button on artist or album information dialog it scrapes that album/artist
c) When you click "Query information for all" from the context menu it scrapes all albums or artists.
d) If "Fetch additional information during updates" is enabled it scrapes all albums and artists whenevr the library is updated.

My guess is that d) is happening. A work around is to disable this option, scrape all artists and albums, make any changes you want, and then don't "Query information for all" ever again. Adding music just query artist at a time. Otherwise you need to explore using NFO files to keep the artwork as you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adding artists to library0