Linux Kodibuntu, no audio through HDMI
Hello All,

Usually I never post in forums because I am able to use the search feature and usually find my answer. This time is different, I have browsed for hours and hours looking for an answer. I have tried countless "fixes" but nothing seems to help.

The issue I am currently having with my kodibuntu is related to audio through HDMI. My kodibuntu install is able to output audio on the lubuntu desktop through browser, but when I load Kodi on either the lubuntu side or the kodi xsession profile, I get no audio no matter what I try.

So far I have tried:

Loading kodi with AE_SINK=ALSA Kodi
Made sure Pulseaudio was not installed
Made sure channels were not muted in alsamixer
Tried every audio setting available within Kodi
Tried pass-through settings
Created a asound.conf that would select the default hw (upon reboot audio stops working completely and audio icon disappears)

Soundcard is: HDA Intel PCH (Intel valleyview2 hdmi)

I know that I am missing some key information, would anyone please point me in the right way to gather this information so I can upload it here. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Sorry, here is the debug log.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/14467166/
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Quote: m_displayNameExtra: PIO VSX-822 on HDMI
Pioneer bug. In combination with intel GPUs.

System -> Settings -> Audio: Choose Fixed, 2 channel, 48 khz and retry.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-01-11, 09:11)fritsch Wrote:
Quote: m_displayNameExtra: PIO VSX-822 on HDMI
Pioneer bug. In combination with intel GPUs.

System -> Settings -> Audio: Choose Fixed, 2 channel, 48 khz and retry.

This worked right off the go! I appreciate your quick response to this issue. I would have never come close to finding this on my own.

Thanks,
OpenELEC carries a patch, so that only samplerates < 48 khz can be chosen to be resampled, cause with "Fixed" you don't have passthrough stuff and so on.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodibuntu, no audio through HDMI0