UTF-8?
hi,
does Metropolis support UTF-8 file names and movies names? since I cannot get it to work properly, all non-Latin-character names are not shown, only white spaces, digits and punctuation marks, if they exist in original name..
please help!
Metropolis uses about 11 different fonts,

Code:
MET_Bebas.ttf
MET_BoldCaps.ttf
MET_Digital7.ttf
MET_FontinSansRegular.ttf
MET_FontinSansSmallCaps.ttf
MET_LeagueGothic.ttf
MET_Myriad.ttf
MET_MyriadBold.ttf
MET_UbuntuBold.ttf
MET_UbuntuItalic.ttf
MET_UbuntuRegular.ttf

so I'm guessing that some do and some don't support UTF-8 but I couldn't figure out a way for them to tell me definitively. You can use other fonts, but it changes the look. A perfect solution would be for someone with a font-building program and a love of Metropolis to create a visually similar font to the main one, but to add full UTF-8 support.

If you replace every font name in font.xml with "Arial.ttf" (built into Kodi) it will work, but again, it will not look like Metropolis.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
I have a problem with czech characters but only in list of movies and tv shows. I set coding to Central European Windows in settings and everything works perfect, except the titles...
any advise or chance to fix?
Thx
If you change "METF_TitleText" in skin.metropolis/720p/fonts.xml to a font that supports Czech characters it won't look completely wrong and should display the names correctly.

Code:
        <font>
            <name>METF_TitleText</name>
-->            <filename>MET_FontinSansSmallCaps.ttf</filename>
            <size>24</size>
        </font>
It's at around line 112
(Remember to put the actual .ttf font you choose in the font folder too.)

Good luck
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Thank you for the guide MacGyver, it helped:-) I looked around and have found some font that looks similar to FontinSansSmallCaps.ttf.

You can find it here https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/alegreya-sans
I tried to change all FontinSansSmallCaps to the one I have found and it does not look really bad. I think it fits to your original design fine. Maybe you could use it in oficial release.
(2016-05-10, 08:52)flyboysek Wrote: Maybe you could use it in official release.

That's not my choice to make, although it does look similar and it "looks like" it could be bundled in Metropolis from the quick glance I made at the creator's license page. (it should be pointed out that I only understood half the legalese they used, for all I know using it in Metropolis may very well allow the author rights to take my first born.)

I am glad it helped you out, in the future it might be easier to simply rename the original font to MET_FontinSansSmallCaps.ttf.old and your more complete font to MET_FontinSansSmallCaps.ttf to save on replacing a bunch of stuff in the .xml.

Smile
(2016-01-12, 19:33)MacGyver Wrote: Metropolis uses about 11 different fonts,

Code:
MET_Bebas.ttf
MET_BoldCaps.ttf
MET_Digital7.ttf
MET_FontinSansRegular.ttf
MET_FontinSansSmallCaps.ttf
MET_LeagueGothic.ttf
MET_Myriad.ttf
MET_MyriadBold.ttf
MET_UbuntuBold.ttf
MET_UbuntuItalic.ttf
MET_UbuntuRegular.ttf

so I'm guessing that some do and some don't support UTF-8 but I couldn't figure out a way for them to tell me definitively. You can use other fonts, but it changes the look. A perfect solution would be for someone with a font-building program and a love of Metropolis to create a visually similar font to the main one, but to add full UTF-8 support.

If you replace every font name in font.xml with "Arial.ttf" (built into Kodi) it will work, but again, it will not look like Metropolis.

Hello,

Here is a version of Bebas with wide language support:

https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/bebas-neue
And a font similar to Fontin Sans Small Caps

Rawengulk Petite Caps - unfortunately it doesn't have a bold version for small caps, which would look very close to Fontin:

https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/rawengulk
I'll look at these suggestions when I get the time. I'm busy with other projects at the moment.
Sorry it's taken me so long -- was working on other things. The next release will include a more complete font.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UTF-8?0