• 22(current)
Release Execute user tasks for Kodi events (callbacks ver2)
It looks like Smartthings doesn’t work with Callbacks anymore? Is there a workaround?
Hi, I'm trying to get the callbacks to with the a Vero V (osmc). I'm struggling as my Python skills are extremely basic though I could get the Text Command facility to run the Python and generate errors. I thought I'd try a simple script I've called basheg2.sh:
echo 'hello' > /home/osmc/test.txt

However when I use the Test Command facility in the Events Settings (having set up a Task for "on Scan Started" - there's no evidence anything is running.

I've tried de-installing the Add-on and re-installing with no luck.

Is there a chance de-installing isn't clearing everything out and there's a manual way to ensure everything is removed ?
Just a follow up on the callbacks addon, which is a very important addon for me.  I've just updated my kodi box to a RPI5, with LibreElec 11 (kodi 20).  I've installed the Callbacks addon from Pikim repo (fork from KenV99) and I experienced some issues.  Some I fixed, other I didn't.

So I have a python script that makes a mqtt call to adjust the lighting and the blinds in my TV room.  The script is in python, so I was using Callbacks to activate those scripts on playback start-stop-pause and resume.  On Kodi 18, everything was working fine.  On kodi 20, with everything with the same configuration, nothing was happening.  Actually, the Callback logs were telling me the script ran successfully, however nothing was happening, so there was a problem. I ran my same python script in the terminal in SSH and notice the first problem, it was missing a module for my script.  That is my mistake, however it still problematic that Callback didn't show an error message in that case.  It seems it just didn't run the script like it said it did.

After fixing this, I able to run my script in the terminal.  However, it was still not working in Callbacks.  I decided to test if the problem was with python, which would not be surprising considering the switch from python2 to python3.  So I created a `.sh` script to call manually my python script, and, in Callbacks, instead of using the python option, I used the script option.  This worked right away.  My guess is that the Callback code is just broken and do not run anything silently when you ask for Python.

That was fixed which is great, however I still had another problem with the addon.  You're suppose to be able to create up to 10 events, however I'm only able to create 3.  Anytime I try to add a 4th one, the addon crashes.  I wasn't able to fix this problem, which is kind of disappointing as now I can only use 2 triggers (start, stop, no more pause and resume...)

Hopefully my experience will help other people.  I'm a long time user of Kodi (10+ years) and I love this software, I found it sad that functionality are getting lost and addon development is weakening with time.  I understand it's open source, people have jobs and everything, but it's still sad.  I wish I was a better programmer...
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Execute user tasks for Kodi events (callbacks ver2)3