• 10(current)
Release [TSDB] - The Sports Database Video Scraper
Not at the moment but I will be doing some work on the site in the next few weeks.

Longer term the move to python scrapers should make all this work pretty easily I hope.
Thanks for the quick reply - sounds good, looking forward to it!
Dear All,

What is the best practice naming convention to let Kodi distinguish between episodes with same air date please?
There are sports events which may happen on the same day (e.g. semi final two matches run parallel and the winners go to final), Kodi identifies these matches=episodes by date so it fails to distinguish between the two events, creates two separate files entries but both episode has the same title.

How this can be made to work properly please?

Thanks
@grrr

Can you provide an example? Maybe a link to the episodes? Also a show us how you have named the tv show and the episodes.

There are plenty of examples of where episodes are aired back to back and they are never confused in Kodi
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-02-28, 20:18)Karellen Wrote: @grrr

Can you provide an example? Maybe a link to the episodes? Also a show us how you have named the tv show and the episodes.

There are plenty of examples of where episodes are aired back to back and they are never confused in Kodi

Hi,

For example:
$ find ./UEFA\ Champions\ League/
./UEFA Champions League/
./UEFA Champions League/Futball - Atalanta BC vs. Valencia CF 2020.02.19. 1080i.mkv
./UEFA Champions League/Futball - Tottenham Hotspur FC vs. RB Leipzig 2020.02.19. 1080i.mkv

Kodi extracts meta-data from 'Futball - Atalanta BC vs. Valencia CF 2020.02.19. 1080i.mkv' properly but for file 'Futball - Tottenham Hotspur FC vs. RB Leipzig 2020.02.19. 1080i.mkv' the title 'Atalanata vs Valencia' is assigned too as it has the same air date(?).
I'm using thesports.db addon which is working ok from scraping point of view (i.e. all extra information, fanarts, 'actor' details etc are correctly identified for the Atalanta-Valencia game) but i do see, as mentioned before, in the database that for the files the corresponding episode record indeed has the exact same title, thus it is not a scraper problem imho.

In table episode:
idEpisode │ idFile │ c00                           │ c01 │ c02 │ c03 │ c04 │ c05        │
9         │ 32     │ Atalanta vs Valencia          │     │     │ 13  │     │ 2020-02-19 │
10        │ 33     │ Atalanta vs Valencia          │     │     │ 14  │     │ 2020-02-19 │

In table files:
idFile │ idPath │ strFilename                                                                 
32     │ 8      │ Futball - BL - Atalanta BC vs. Valencia CF 2020.02.19. 1080i.mkv       
33     │ 8      │ Futball - BL - Tottenham Hotspur FC vs. RB Leipzig 2020.02.19. 1080i.mkv

Hope it explains the problem.
@grrr

Thanks. I am not familiar with TSDB scraper so I will ping @docwra as he may know.

I'll also merge you into the correct thread.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the ping, I don't believe its possible at the moment in Kodi due to limitations with the TVShow Library.

You can check out the thread on TSDB for more info: https://www.thesportsdb.com/forumnew/vie...f=5&t=1803

I'm hoping the move to python scrapers will help in the next kodi release.
(2020-03-01, 22:47)docwra Wrote: Thanks for the ping, I don't believe its possible at the moment in Kodi due to limitations with the TVShow Library.

You can check out the thread on TSDB for more info: https://www.thesportsdb.com/forumnew/vie...f=5&t=1803

Thanks for reply, so this remains on as a manual fix till next release.
(By the way do I understand correctly that if there is no NFO file then first CreateSearchUrl is called with the filename as input?)
(2020-03-02, 17:57)grrr Wrote:
(2020-03-01, 22:47)docwra Wrote: Thanks for the ping, I don't believe its possible at the moment in Kodi due to limitations with the TVShow Library.

Thanks for reply, so this remains on as a manual fix till next release.
(By the way do I understand correctly that if there is no NFO file then first CreateSearchUrl is called with the filename as input?) 
Well, I made it work out but only for NBA games. I used this naming: NBA S1819E2018111660 [email protected]

My scraper takes season and episode from the name of the file following these rules:
  • SXXXX: Season code, in that example is 2018-2019
  • E[YYYYMMDDHH]: Where YYYYMMDD is the game's date and HH are the last two digits of home team's code in The Sports Database.
Find attached the file changed on the original Scraper (https://gofile.io/?c=i4riMw). Please @docwra  feel free to publish or add to the original scraper.
Awesome! Will take a look at this later as scraper XML is always a bit beyond me! I will be interested to see the changes you made.

Thanks again!
(2020-05-05, 10:57)docwra Wrote: Awesome! Will take a look at this later as scraper XML is always a bit beyond me! I will be interested to see the changes you made.

Thanks again!
I did small changes:
  • Game's coding as explained in previous post
  • Retrieving games Season by Season. This is key to make it work, since the original scraper tried to retrieve all the season's games in only one call and this call exceeded the timeout for the NBA.
(2020-05-09, 19:42)Mitico Wrote:
(2020-05-05, 10:57)docwra Wrote: Awesome! Will take a look at this later as scraper XML is always a bit beyond me! I will be interested to see the changes you made.

Thanks again!
I did small changes:
  • Game's coding as explained in previous post
  • Retrieving games Season by Season. This is key to make it work, since the original scraper tried to retrieve all the season's games in only one call and this call exceeded the timeout for the NBA.

Thanks finally got round to publishing this improvement!

https://github.com/zag2me/metadata.thesportsdb.com
This might be the wrong place to ask this, but I can't seem to get this content working with smart playlists. The scrapper seems to be working fine when I view the files, but nothing shows in my smart playlist even though it is setup using "path starts with E:\Sports" just like how I have my kids TV shows setup etc. Should the type in the playlist be set to TV shows? Or something else?
(2020-08-12, 08:55)TrentSe7en Wrote: This might be the wrong place to ask this, but I can't seem to get this content working with smart playlists. The scrapper seems to be working fine when I view the files, but nothing shows in my smart playlist even though it is setup using "path starts with E:\Sports" just like how I have my kids TV shows setup etc. Should the type in the playlist be set to TV shows? Or something else?

Playlist should be set as TV show Wink
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
Trying to get this working with my F1 collection. I have tried naming and renaming using the examples provided and even used the example on TSDB website, but nothing seems to work. Can some please post a working example of the file structure they are using to import their F1 collection using this scarper. Thanks in advance.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[TSDB] - The Sports Database Video Scraper3