Wavpack multichannel playback?
Question 
Hi all.

I have a wavpack compressed version of a quadrophonic recording (dark side of the moon, to be precise). It has 4.1 audio, and I was trying to listen to it on my 5.1 system with XBMC. The files seem to start playing, but nothing comes out of the speakers. The decoder even changes to dolby digital automatically.

I have the music player configured to use the digital output. My system can play AC3 audio but not DTS (it's an old creative inspire 5500D).

I don't have any problems watching DVDs in 5.1, or avi files with ac3 multichannel audio.

Is wavpack multichannel playback supported? Huh
Dunno - please supply a sample. DSoTM is fine Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Big Grin 
Well, the shortest track is 36MB in size. Laugh

How can I provide you the sample?

PS.
That was fast. Big Grin
Upload to something like megaupload.com and supply the link. You can do it via PM if you don't want to make the link public.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok, I've uploaded the file to megaupload. It's an 82MB file, but I think that it would work better for testing that the 36MB intro.

I'm sending you the url via MP.
I totally understand not wanting the link public, but if one of u could post the outcome for info archiving purposes that would be awesome.. Thx
_-Peace-_
Any update on this? I'm getting 2 channel sound on 5.1 wavpack and no sound on 4.1 such as DSoTM.
adelias Wrote:Any update on this? I'm getting 2 channel sound on 5.1 wavpack and no sound on 4.1 such as DSoTM.

If you are talking about Dark Side of the Moon SACD rip I have the same album and it does play with 5.1 audio. Check your settings like dolby digital/dts capable receiver, etc.
I was referring to the 4.1 Alan Parsons mix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wavpack multichannel playback?0