Paying for iptv service
(2016-01-20, 22:22)rpcameron Wrote: Also, because you do not use the IPTV Simple Client with USTVNow, it was pointed out this was the wrong forum for that discussion. Furthermore, I haven't seen any mention in this thread about using USTVNow with IPTV Simple Client.

Then you need to reread the thread...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-01-20, 22:24)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 22:22)rpcameron Wrote: Also, because you do not use the IPTV Simple Client with USTVNow, it was pointed out this was the wrong forum for that discussion. Furthermore, I haven't seen any mention in this thread about using USTVNow with IPTV Simple Client.

I did. The only reply in this thread that answered the OP's question in any way was a reference to USTVNow, which uses a video add-on, not Kodi's interface. No post in this thread mentions how to configure IPTV Simple Client for USTVNow, because that service needs a video add-on.

Another poster mentioned PseudoTV Live, but no configuration was mentioned. (Furthermore, PTVL is a video add-on, not a PVR client, so its discussion belongs in a different forum, just like discussions about USTVNow.)

Perhaps you ought to re-read the thread; then you might realize that the OP's question about paid IPTV service for use with Kodi's PVR interface was never actually answered. Personally, I do not know of any providers in the US that offer IPTV streams.

There are video add-ons for several channels/networks that wrap the video streams from their websites for navigation/viewing within Kodi, but none of those work with PVR clients.

For US-based users, the only real options are ATSC tuners for OTA broadcasts, or a CableCard tuner for use with cable. Some of these tuners offer URLs for local network streaming that can be crafted into a playlist file for use with IPTV Simple, or their use requires PVR backend software to handle the tuning, guide, scheduling and recording.
(2016-01-20, 23:54)rpcameron Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 22:24)Lunatixz Wrote:

I did. The only reply in this thread that answered the OP's question in any way was a reference to USTVNow, which uses a video add-on, not Kodi's interface. No post in this thread mentions how to configure IPTV Simple Client for USTVNow, because that service needs a video add-on.

Another poster mentioned PseudoTV Live, but no configuration was mentioned. (Furthermore, PTVL is a video add-on, not a PVR client, so its discussion belongs in a different forum, just like discussions about USTVNow.)

Perhaps you ought to re-read the thread; then you might realize that the OP's question about paid IPTV service for use with Kodi's PVR interface was never actually answered. Personally, I do not know of any providers in the US that offer IPTV streams.

There are video add-ons for several channels/networks that wrap the video streams from their websites for navigation/viewing within Kodi, but none of those work with PVR clients.

For US-based users, the only real options are ATSC tuners for OTA broadcasts, or a CableCard tuner for use with cable. Some of these tuners offer URLs for local network streaming that can be crafted into a playlist file for use with IPTV Simple, or their use requires PVR backend software to handle the tuning, guide, scheduling and recording.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2213700
(2016-01-21, 00:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 23:54)rpcameron Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 22:24)Lunatixz Wrote: Then you need to reread the thread...

You reference the capability that a video add-on has, and simply end your comment there. If you wanted to offer support for integrating USTVNow streams via its add-on into IPTV Simple, perhaps you could have done so. However, the fact remains that the discussion about USTVNow, its video add-on and the capabilities of that add-on belong in the Video Add-ons subforum, and not this one about PVR Clients.

Perhaps if you wanted to offer help to (prospective) users of your plugins, you might actually consider documenting the features instead of relying on a single forum thread and a bare github repository with only the source and changelog as its provided documentation.
(2016-01-21, 02:41)rpcameron Wrote:
(2016-01-21, 00:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 23:54)rpcameron Wrote: I did. The only reply in this thread that answered the OP's question in any way was a reference to USTVNow, which uses a video add-on, not Kodi's interface. No post in this thread mentions how to configure IPTV Simple Client for USTVNow, because that service needs a video add-on.

You reference the capability that a video add-on has, and simply end your comment there. If you wanted to offer support for integrating USTVNow streams via its add-on into IPTV Simple, perhaps you could have done so. However, the fact remains that the discussion about USTVNow, its video add-on and the capabilities of that add-on belong in the Video Add-ons subforum, and not this one about PVR Clients.

Perhaps if you wanted to offer help to (prospective) users of your plugins, you might actually consider documenting the features instead of relying on a single forum thread and a bare github repository with only the source and changelog as its provided documentation.

LMFAO you're funny...

(2016-01-20, 22:22)rpcameron Wrote: ...Also, because you do not use the IPTV Simple Client with USTVNow, it was pointed out this was the wrong forum for that discussion. Furthermore, I haven't seen any mention in this thread about using USTVNow with IPTV Simple Client.

(2016-01-13, 17:26)Lunatixz Wrote: I see no difference between a pvr backend supplying content from a third party program, when compared with a pvr backend (ie. IPTV simple) using a plugin (ie. USTVnow) to generate content. The current build of USTVnow can build m3u/strm and xmltv files for IPTV simple.

As for me discussing ustvnow? I didn't bring it up or suggest it, someone else did.... I was merely drawn into the conversation by proxy... but because i'm the developer i can't have an opinion on the matter? I don't own or profit from ustvnow, I gain nothing by endorsing them.

My opinion stands, you may disagree... that's your right, but let's not pretend you did your homework before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paying for iptv service0