Video problems during live TV
15.2 does not make a difference.

My wife lost her patience, the problems take to long to solve.

I have to reinstall our old tuner, and that means that I can only sporadically test with my HTPC.

It could have been a nice project, but it failed miserably.

If anyone has ideas, I would be grateful.

Bart
Kodi 20.2 runs on a Celeron N5095 with 8 GB memory, Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates | Core i3 CPU, 16 GB memory
Have you tried experimenting with 16 rc3 and even 17 krypton, i cant talk highly enough about krypton even though it is in VERY early development.

Try portable installs as not to effect your current setup, install kodi different versions elsewhere and change the shortcut to "Kodi.exe -p"

Also dont choose upgrade when installing of course Smile
I was running 16 RC3 until tonight, now back to 15.2.

It is not only that the video quality is very poor, Kodi freezes every 15 to 20 minutes. I will upload a log file later.
When Kodi freezes, little can be done. Keyboard and remote don't do anything. CTRL-ALT-DELETE gives a black screen with a mouse pointer. A SHUTDOWN /R /M \\HTPC command from another computer still works.

I will try portable installs tomorrow, after I reinstated my old tuner.

Sigh.

Bart

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
The logfile is at http://goo.gl/opGNEZ.

It is about 1 MB, I hope that is not too much. But I don't know how to make debug log files smaller.

Bart

You are saying about an issue in Kodi 16RC3 but provide the log from Kodi 15.2.
Yes, that is correct. But unfortunately, I have the same problems with 16RC3 as with 15.2. Both freezes and stuttering video.

I still have the feeling that it must be something outside Kodi. I my case that would be DVBlink. But (not unexpected) they claim it must be a Kodi problem.

I am trying to configure Argus-TV, to find out if it works OK with Kodi.

If/when I know more I will report.

Bart

(2016-02-16, 23:00)Derek Wrote: Have you tried experimenting with 16 rc3 and even 17 krypton, i cant talk highly enough about krypton even though it is in VERY early development.

Try portable installs as not to effect your current setup, install kodi different versions elsewhere and change the shortcut to "Kodi.exe -p"

Also dont choose upgrade when installing of course Smile

OK, the first one I tried is the one from February 16. When I start it (even as Administrator) it says "Uh, oh, can't load sqlite3.dll, exiting". Now I am downloading the one fron february, 17, but that one has a different naming scheme.

Should I post about development builds here or in another forum?

Bart

hmm im running the ktypton builds without issue let me find the first one i installed and we will get you to try that.

Seems it was Feb 9th i ran first worth a try then upgrade from there, altho thats just the first installer i have archived on my backup drive.
(2016-02-18, 03:02)Derek Wrote: hmm im running the ktypton builds without issue let me find the first one i installed and we will get you to try that.

Seems it was Feb 9th i ran first worth a try then upgrade from there, altho thats just the first installer i have archived on my backup drive.

The February 9 version gives me the same error message.
It apparently does not contain PVR add-ons for either DVBlink or Argus. Argus reappeared in the Febraury 17 version. I need at least one of those for testing.

Bart

I have now tried to install a development build on mt HTPC (earlier attempts were on my laptop). The same result, the Uh, oh, error.

Huh?

Bart

Ah sorry i dont use PVR as i have Sky so sorry if i sent you down a bad road Sad
(2016-02-18, 20:34)Derek Wrote: Ah sorry i dont use PVR as i have Sky so sorry if i sent you down a bad road Sad

OK! I just want to mention that with the nightly dated february 19, I still get the sqlite error.

Any ideas how I could proceed?

Bart

I'm just mentioning that I'm having the same/similar problem.

I'm using a Lenovo Q190 as my HTPC and that also uses Intel HD graphics. I've yet to upgrade the driver manually.

Just out of interest, have you recently upgraded your machine to Windows 10? Unfortunately, I upgraded to Windows 10 and Kodi 16 RC1 on the same day, so can't say what's caused the tearing problem.

I get video tearing/ghosting with anything broadcast live (or recorded) in HD (I use NextPVR) and also any of my 1080p home videos (raw AVi of some sort). Anything in SD or in an MKV wrapper works fine.

Windows 8.1 and 15.2 it was all good.

Still, I've not logged a bug report as yet as there are obvious things I can try first (like the driver update), and rolling back to Windows 8.1.
I upgraded to Windows 10 after I screwed my Windows 7 sufficiently that I had to install from scratch anyway. The video problems only started later and I have no idea what change caused it. I have never used Windows 8 or 8.1.

I have now installed Kodi 16.0 (from scratch, I uninstalled Kodi first) and I am waiting for an opportunity to test it (you know, family).

Bart

(2016-02-22, 15:32)JesusOnEez Wrote: I'm just mentioning that I'm having the same/similar problem.

I'm using a Lenovo Q190 as my HTPC and that also uses Intel HD graphics. I've yet to upgrade the driver manually.

Just out of interest, have you recently upgraded your machine to Windows 10? Unfortunately, I upgraded to Windows 10 and Kodi 16 RC1 on the same day, so can't say what's caused the tearing problem.

I get video tearing/ghosting with anything broadcast live (or recorded) in HD (I use NextPVR) and also any of my 1080p home videos (raw AVi of some sort). Anything in SD or in an MKV wrapper works fine.

Windows 8.1 and 15.2 it was all good.

Still, I've not logged a bug report as yet as there are obvious things I can try first (like the driver update), and rolling back to Windows 8.1.

Probably a combination of windows 10 and video drivers, if you can revert back to 7 thats the easy road if you want to persevere use portable installs till you track the problem(s) down. Win10 works well when you get it configured like a champ but getting there is a feat in itself!

You post on the win10 help forum and get stupid answers like switch off your pc for 48hrs then switch back on and itll work like a dream yeah right maybe in a fk1n dream Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video problems during live TV0