• 3(current)
Starting development on NZB support for XBMC
chunk_1970 Wrote:I dont see that it would be too difficult to add in support to pass the data to your code in xbmc. It would be no great shakes to pass the nzb to your code especially if there was a httpapi command that called your code passing the nzb file, people could basically click the file on the site and select an option like (play now) and your code then does its business..

something like this is exactly like what im thinking! I configured torrent-x with utorrent this evening with a view to getting to know more about this side of things... i never used bittorrent before but can i say wow... that is a very cool app/script combo! Smile i haven't looked at a bit of python source yet however.. if it's ok with you, torrent-x and sabController are my first ports of call tho!! i don't know how if woudl fit in with your current plans but it could be a nice option when using the sabcontroller plugin for torrent-x, to have a play/open option as well as a download option! Smile

i wasn't able to get sabController working with sabnzbd however... need to do some rtfm'ing before i start asking questions!!... i keep getting a "Login Finished.." message and nothing more happens.

i'm not sure about how a python script can best get the nzb info into the module that i am working on... the classes i have written are really buried under a lot of api and unless there is already a way of getting string data into a CFileNZB / CNzbDirectory class, then something less pretty might be necessary. One that comes to mind which would be very easy would be to save the NZB on the Z: drive somewhere and then play the file from the z drive (or even save it in the python script's directory=self contained)... that will work every time!
chunk_1970 Wrote:Hi, I have been working on my script Torrent-X to add support for the sabnzbd downloader and the newzbin site. Its working but not fully tested yet...
btw... when you say that this working, any chance of a sneak preview?? Smile

i haven't had much luck with sabController but torrent-x rocks! Smile any patch i release containing nzb support for xbmc will probably only be worthwhile if there is a script that takes advantage of it in order to show it's usefulness!

If it's ok with you, i'd like to do that as a torrent-x plugin derived or as part of the sabController stuff you are doing for torrent-x.

Longer term, i'd be tempted towards a developing a dedicated newzbin script.. they have links to imdb, etc so showing dvd covers movie description, cast, reviews, etc is a real possibility within the script - as well as taking reviews/comments into account for broken usenet postings, etc... or maybe, all this can be done witin torrent-x!?.. or maybe usenet-x !? ..hehe Smile
Awesome work optip, i know of a few people off hand that will be dying to use this, but they dont come on here so wouldn't have found out just yet - ill let them know. But yeh - your efforts wont go missed!.

Sounds like your making some real progress -Is saving the .avi file as well as streaming possible even though it doesnt seem to be in the current plans?

Being in Australia and having crappy broadband - i've found that a .avi with 15mb files will stream fine @ 150K/s (1.5mbit), and that even from AU, i can get this with 1 thread - easily with 2, so this speed would be minimum for it to work or thereabouts.

Also stumbled upon http://www.nzbplayer.com, which does similar thing but on PC, if your having issues with things ( i know nzbplayer supports par2 repairs on the fly ) the developer might be able to pass on some helpful tips?

Anywho - keep up the top work, Ill be a tester if needed when its ready.

JC
Forgot to mention i use US usenet servers also from AU.
optip Wrote:btw... when you say that this working, any chance of a sneak preview?? Smile

I'll post something up later today..All the functionality is there but currently it does not pass nzbs to sab..But all the navigation should work..
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
optip Wrote:it could be a nice option when using the sabcontroller plugin for torrent-x, to have a play/open option as well as a download option! Smile

What I'll do is write a seperate controller module for accessing your code so that we can have specific options for the capabilities of your script.
sounds excellent chunk; and thanks JC.

i'm mostly swamped with real work today and tomorrow so won't have much chance to work on this... over the weekend, i should have some time though!

Hopefully early next week, i'll have a public alpha patch! Smile
optip Wrote:i'm not sure about how a python script can best get the nzb info into the module that i am working on... the classes i have written are really buried under a lot of api and unless there is already a way of getting string data into a CFileNZB / CNzbDirectory class, then something less pretty might be necessary. One that comes to mind which would be very easy would be to save the NZB on the Z: drive somewhere and then play the file from the z drive (or even save it in the python script's directory=self contained)... that will work every time!

xbmc has an actual xbmc python class that has a play video function. Im thinking that if you are extending the CFileNZB / CNzbDirectory class then it would just be a matter of passing the web address of the nzb to the pay video function or it would also be possible to just navigate to the nzb "directory" and play the contents if that is how you have it developed. Eather way if you can get the nzb file support i can definately help out with getting the python front end to work with newz bins.
nate12o6 Wrote:it would just be a matter of passing the web address of the nzb to the pay video function

the problem with relying exclusively passing a lot of URLs is that they need an authorized session cookie to be able to download from newzbin, etc...

although now that you mention it.... maybe it would be possible to pass the contents of the NZB file as a URL encoded GET variable... something like nzb://[the url encoded contents of the nzb file] - or some variation of this... will have to check what CUrl (the url class - not curl) supports

issues immediately come to mind with this but i'll check it out! thanks for the input! Smile
Download the Initial release BETA v1.15 of Torrent-X. This also includes the support for v3 newzbin site.. Download link on my sig..
thanks chunk... i'll have a go at installing tonight! Smile
optip Wrote:the problem with relying exclusively passing a lot of URLs is that they need an authorized session cookie to be able to download from newzbin, etc...

although now that you mention it.... maybe it would be possible to pass the contents of the NZB file as a URL encoded GET variable... something like nzb://[the url encoded contents of the nzb file] - or some variation of this... will have to check what CUrl (the url class - not curl) supports

issues immediately come to mind with this but i'll check it out! thanks for the input! Smile

Urllib2 library for python supports authorized session cookies. If I could definitely get access to the nzb file. The only thing that i am not clear on at the moment is what will open it. I cant wait to see how your implementation works. This will be awesome!
by way of an update on this... i have done no work yesterday or today on this! i hope to be able to work on it tomorrow or sunday though... real life work eventually cought up with me! Smile

unless i end up really hungover on sunday, i should hopefully have someething alpha i can make public on sunday night/monday... & thanks to chunk's efforts, i should hopefully be in a position to have a python script using the functionality pretty quickly after! as a torrent-x plugin, so nice and polished from day 1 Big Grin
Looking forward to this been playing with a PC equivalent player and by god could this change the way media is watched...

Kudos of the current progress and looking forward to seeing this up and running.

Thanks for your effort optip Wink
sounds like you are making some good progress. this will really be a killer application
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting development on NZB support for XBMC1