Game controller art for Retroplayer
(2016-02-02, 11:57)grumpygamer Wrote: question 1: what stats can we retrieve (Emulator cores? Number of games?)?

I don't want to show emulator cores, eventually these will be hidden from the user and things will "just work". Anything else would probably pertain to a game library, which we don't have yet.

(2016-02-02, 11:57)grumpygamer Wrote: there is a list of available controllers with icons, names and battery status if applicable.
question 2: can we have this?

We can show a list physical controllers. Here's what it currently looks like:

We're just missing icons and battery status.

(2016-02-02, 11:57)grumpygamer Wrote: Below the console art and the controllers coming out of it.
Each console has the relative assigned controller icon underneath
If no controller has been assigned an "unassigned icon appears" instead.
question 3: can we see what physical controller is assigned to each virtual controller? This ideally is a MUST HAVE

Not currently. This physical to virtual mapping is done on demand because we don't even know how many ports the libretro core accepts. Snes9x used to crash when a third controller was plugged in.

(2016-02-02, 11:57)grumpygamer Wrote: Underneath each assigned controller we have some options.
I was thinking
  • Mapping: default
  • Reset mapping
  • Unassign controller

Instead of "Unassign controller", "Change controller" with a list of peripherals - controller, lightgun, mouse, unassigned.

(2016-02-02, 11:57)grumpygamer Wrote: Behaviour

You can only navigate the controller section, clicking on the assigned/unassigned controller icon would bring up a pop-up with the available controllers and you'd be able to assign it there or unassign it.
Clicking Mapping: default, would bring up the mapping interface. Once mapping is complete the wording "default" would be changed to "custom". If mapping was incomplete it would have the wording "incomplete".
Reset mapping would just reset the mapping to the default one.
Unassign controller would just remove that controller from that port (could we retain the mapping?).

Sounds good.

A question of my own: what's the most number of players we should support?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game controller art for Retroplayer - by garbear - 2016-02-02, 14:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Game controller art for Retroplayer1