Kodi with composite video output
I'm trying to get a better impression of Kodi. I have an Android box, MXiii, which has been rebuilt. That is, the old Kodi and 3rd party addons that came with it have been removed. I did a new install of the Kodi Isengard 15.2 app from Playstore and now have only a basic Kodi system with only the official addons that come with the install. I have a tv located in a room which I can't reach with my regular antenna cable. Using the android box with wifi on this tv would be a good solution. However this is an older tv and has only composite video input. Now when I connect the box to the tv, everything works and displays correctly - main Android page, browser pages etc and even the Kodi menu pages. However, when I try to open a video add-on such as ABC Family or Popcornflix(which are both on your official(allowed) addon page), the picture is too large for my tv screen. I have gone into the video output settings and also the settings icon on the bottom of the video playback and have been able to get some improvement. Is there any other adjustment that I can make. Is there any software patch or feature that I can install that will allow the video to display normally via composite video output? My first experience with Kodi and this forum was not very good and I'm trying to get a better understanding and impression of this software. Hopefully this post won't end up in the garbage/rule violation section again. I've seen your web pages where you talk about being eager to help new users and I hope someone will help me with this. Thanks
Don't worry, this thread (and the actions you've taken) are fine, and indeed laudable. As mentioned before we don't support installations contaminated with the banned add-ons (wiki) that came with the box, but a cleaned-up rebuilt install that is free of them is perfectly acceptable and can be supported.

Unfortunately I can't help with the specific question, but I just wanted to reassure you concerning the last point.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Maybe try the video calibration in Kodi's settings. What you can do is play a video and then open the calibration settings while the video is still playing. If this shrinks the Kodi menus then re-enlarge them by going into Appearance -> Skin and changing the zoom level to re-fix that, once the video looks right.
try setting the calibration from the "Home Menu"

System > Settings > System > Video Output > Video calibration

move the top,left pointer ... press OK ... move the bottom,right pointer ... press OK ... adjust subtitle position (if needed) ... then press left or right until the box is 'square' then press OK and exit
Thank you to Ned Scott and SeVreN2013 for their suggestions. I've tried adjusting the calibration while the video is playing but the picture is still too large for the screen. When I am in the calibration settings while video is playing, I find that the the Zoom line or menu item won't change - in this case, I can't make it go down(less than 1.00). It won't increase either, if I were to try to do that. I appreciate the suggestion on using the zoom level for the skin. If I can get the video small enough and if the main menu is shrunk I will definitely try that. To SeVreN2013, I've done what you suggest both before playing the video and while playing the video but still can't the picture to fit. I concentrated on the top left and bottom right. I'll try again but next time will pay more attention to making sure the box is square as well. Again thanks to both of you for your input.
hi, horhota .... is it possible for you to take a picture to show us what the problem looks like ?

also, silly question ... what resolution are you running at ? for composite it should be either 480i (NTSC) or 576i (PAL)

System > Settings > System > Video Output > Resolution

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi with composite video output0