FireTV 4K and Kodi - Duplicate Entry Issue from Hell
So I've searched extensively and cannot find an answer to this problem.

I have Kodi 15 installed on my FireTV 4K. I store my videos on an HTPC and setup video folders from Kodi.

Everything works fine except for a persistent duplicate entry problem. Any time I physically move or change files on the HTPC, Kodi keeps them listed under the TV or Movie sections.

I've tried doing the Library cleanup, uninstalling and reinstalling Kodi and even trying Kodi 16 beta.

As soon as I create a new Video folder and Kodi does a scan, the duplicate (now gone) entries reappear.

Is there anyway to get rid of this short of doing a factory reset on the FireTV and starting totally from scratchHuh
It sounds as though your video database is corrupted.
Similar issue, similar possible solution here:
255958 (thread)
How would I access those files on the FireTV? If it was running on a PC I would be able to easily; no idea on the FireTV...
In android I'd just use a file manager - I guess it's the same on amazon's bastardized os.
ES file explorer, that sort of thing. There must be a default one on the fire tv.
Enable hidden files view. Look in internal storage (internal sd card).
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/database/
Didn't work.

I even deleted the entire Kodi folder and did a fresh install. Still have duplicate entries.

Could there be "pointers" or copies of the dB somewhere else?
There shouldn't be if you have a local library.
If you enable debug logging, re-start, scan for new content and stick the log on xbmclogs or pastebin it might give some clues.
You could go into the movie info of both duplicates and look at the path that it is showing on each. That might tell you what the issue is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV 4K and Kodi - Duplicate Entry Issue from Hell0