Nvidia Shield keymap editor
Hi,

Just started using Kodi for the first time via the Nvidia Shield. For what it's worth I feel this is truly the future of tv coupled with my NAS and OLED.

Anyway back on topic. I turned on hdmi-cec on my tv and my LG remote seems to do everything but I'm struggling to find a button that minimises kodi and brings me back to the Android TV launcher.

I used the keymap editor, went to global then system and found minimise. I set a button to do it, click save and try it but it doesn't work. I set the same remote button to the action to quit kodi and this action works and kodi quits.

How do I minimise kodi or should I be assigning a different action to get back to the android tv homepage?

Thanks
It wouldnt have anything to do with Kodi. I use a logitech harmony remote with my Shield and it has a Home button that was added that takes me back to the launcher. On the controler i think its the circle touch button below the Green icon.

Its a Shield/android TV thing, not Kodi for what you want to do.
I would say "minimize" is to minimize Kodi on PCs, not on Android.
You would need the Android "Home" action. I don't know if an app can "hide" itself, or if the action has to come from the Android system itself.

You can also try to map the key to StartAndroidActivity(com.google.android.leanbacklauncher), which would just "start" the Android TV launcher.

AFAIK the Shield does not use a button via CEC for Home.
Thanks guys, thought I was missing something that I should be doing. The main reason I wanted to use my remote was the battery life of the shield remote is poor and obviously to reduce the number of remotes.

Thanks for the replies

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield keymap editor0