Assassin HTPC selling Kodi bundled with banned addons
if you look at what Nate wrote on Kodi.tv and what torrentfreak wrote

https://torrentfreak.com/kodi-announces-...ks-160215/
https://kodi.tv/the-piracy-box-sellers-a...ling-kodi/

the issue here is shitheads like you spreading banned addons and tarnishing the kodi name that made it so that Kodi no longer is available on Amazon store but your never gonna feel sorry about that cause you only want to peddle your shit setup that breaks with every update and gets inexperienced users having a broken box so please do us all a favor and go die somewhere an slow and horrible death cause in my eyes you are vermin..

so dear Ass(hat)asinshtpc go fuck yourself!

is that a clear message enough?
Quote:There is a tremendous amount of potential in an INSTANT HTPC INSTALLATION that turns ANY machine into a well run and pre-configured HTPC resulting in thousands if not tens or hundreds of thousands of people getting off the fence and into the HTPC and therefor the Kodi community.

This is not wanted. Bringing hundreds of thousands of ignorant users to an advanced home theater platform does not help anyone. It is a burden and a disservice to those users and the Kodi project. You are not supporting the Kodi project. You are a leech. Your products are garbage. You are a snake oil salesman. There is a special place in hell for people like you. I will make sure that as many people as possible know this.

EDIT: maybe that was a bit extreme. Just to be clear, I would never wish harm or death on anyone.
(2016-02-25, 17:25)Assassinhtpc Wrote: We will continue to work with the Kodi Development team only who we have nothing but the highest level of respect for. I've even given many of them my direct line for communication.

Show your respect, drop dead.
@Assassinhtpc - could you do me a favor and obey to our forum rules ( http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules#Registration ) and change your username? We don't allow usernames that reflect a anonymous company or product name. So instead of "Assassinhtpc" you would have to use something like "Assassinhtpc-Dave". Feel free to write a PM or direct reply here on how you would like your name changed. Thanks.

And I think you really got something wrong here. The Kodi project and team is not behind any of Youtube piracy promoters and we also don't share their vision on what Kodi is according to their claims. So distributing a Kodi version that's preloaded with a shitload of piracy add-ons is IN NO WAY WANTED by us. So while you might deliver a nice out of the box HTPC experience for dummies, your "out of the box" setups make Kodi appear to be responsible for these add-ons and your users will never know what Kodi really is about. Also, your users will likely never become part of the real Kodi community (the one on the official websites, not the piracy community all those sucking youtubers talk about) and thus never ever contribute anything back to Kodi. This is no call for donations or anything, but whatever argument you might bring up, you're not helping the project in any way with what you do. In contrary, you rather harm the project because your customers get the impression Kodi gives you free movies and spread that wrong fact. And even if you put a huge disclaimer/TOS and what not in front of their nose, when was the last time you actually read one?

We're ofc happy that you spread open source software, but we don't and never will like the fact that your installer preinstalls piracy crap. It's a different story when users do that on their own, as they usually know then what they are dealing with and getting themselves into.

I hope I could make our point more clear to you.
(2016-02-25, 17:25)Assassinhtpc Wrote:
(2016-02-25, 16:41)swetoast Wrote:
(2016-02-25, 16:14)Assassinhtpc Wrote: source
We have not movfied the source yet.
so your infringing trademark, nice move stupid saying that you modified kodi when all you did was slap shitty addons it learn the difference
Again, for the hundreth time we support Kodi. We have given a tremendous amount to the HTPC community. We are not and have never sold Kodi itself. I have well fed lawyers who have dissected our product line.

And again for the hundreth time (one of your favourite numbers by the look of thing), no-one is taking umbridge at you providing a pathway to HTPC for these millions of users - that Kodi will lose if you don't provide your services. Users incidentally that Kodi really don't want or need. BUT give them the pathway, just not the pathway to the add-ons which have been banned here and which provide the route to pirated content.

GIVE THEM ALL THE REST - JUST TAKE OUT THE ADD-ONS.

@natethomas - if as this poster has alluded to, not only on this thread, but on AVS Forums as well (Where several threads he contributed to have been locked - I would assume as a result of his inclusion of links to pirated content) that he is in discussion with and co-operating with the Kodi Dev Team, it might make sense to provide a comment on where and what these discussions revolve around and might, just might take some of the sting out of some of the rhetoric on this thread.

But I doubt anything will change - he'll continue to bundle his HTPC experience with these add-ons.
(2016-02-25, 17:25)Assassinhtpc Wrote: There is a tremendous amount of potential in an INSTANT HTPC INSTALLATION that turns ANY machine into a well run and pre-configured HTPC resulting in thousands if not tens or hundreds of thousands of people getting off the fence and into the HTPC and therefor the Kodi community.

All of that is possible without bundling piracy add-ons and promoting your product by showing people that they can use piracy addons. If you want to do those things, that's your choice, but don't harm Kodi in the process. And don't lie about it, your continued dishonesty about what you guys were doing is more revealing than any of your long-winded posts here trying to defend it.
(2016-02-25, 19:16)da-anda Wrote: @Assassinhtpc - could you do me a favor and obey to our forum rules ( http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules#Registration ) and change your username?

May I suggest Asshast-in-pc?
May I suggest you calm down with the juvenile insults?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-02-25, 21:26)DarrenHill Wrote: May I suggest you calm down with the juvenile insults?

+1 Yes this is not helping. Let's be civilised please.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2016-02-25, 19:18)steelman1991 Wrote: @natethomas - if as this poster has alluded to, not only on this thread, but on AVS Forums as well (Where several threads he contributed to have been locked - I would assume as a result of his inclusion of links to pirated content) that he is in discussion with and co-operating with the Kodi Dev Team, it might make sense to provide a comment on where and what these discussions revolve around and might, just might take some of the sting out of some of the rhetoric on this thread.

Guy was getting creamed on AVS the other day in this thread until they locked it. http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...5-a-6.html

Was getting pretty nasty. I think it's pretty clear that assassinhtpc is still going to keep on doing what they are doing because 1: nobody will do anything about it. or 2: That is how they are even able to sell those packages. Take away all the piracy and they won't sell hardly anything if at all. They made their business possible with software like Kodi and using illegal content to get into and hold some of the market place. They must be too small for anyone with power to care otherwise they'd be shut down or in jail.
This thread is coming close to also being closed as it's degenerating too much. However I would rather it was closed properly rather than arbitrarily. But any action to be taken will be by the foundation, and won't be linked to the status of this thread.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
So basically he has something similar to an ninite installer and some scripts to run on a users PC to make the required changes to "setup" the HTPC. If anyone is that clueless on how to install some software and they are reading this post please PM me or create a thread and I'll help out for the magic price of ZERO dollars. There is no reason to pay Assassinhtpc what I believe is close to $200 for something that you can do yourself for free. In the long run you will be better off. If you are looking for some pre-configured scripts to get some add-ons that stream illegal content sorry I can't help you.
(2016-02-25, 22:48)cstmstyle Wrote: So basically he has something similar to an ninite installer and some scripts to run on a users PC to make the required changes to "setup" the HTPC. If anyone is that clueless on how to install some software and they are reading this post please PM me or create a thread and I'll help out for the magic price of ZERO dollars. There is no reason to pay Assassinhtpc what I believe is close to $200 for something that you can do yourself for free. In the long run you will be better off. If you are looking for some pre-configured scripts to get some add-ons that stream illegal content sorry I can't help you.

You my friend are a brave soul! Or a foolish one!

But no take backs!

I'm in computers and wouldn't wish this on anyone. as it sounds to me like a support nightmare.

However, timing is on my side as I'm in need of some assistance.

I have a problem though that I have been unable to get help with.

I'll send you a PM!
What a sad read...
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Closing this thread, it's become pointless.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Assassin HTPC selling Kodi bundled with banned addons0