display shuts down after 10 minutes
Hi everyone, new to these forums and Kodi/Linux in general. Sorry if this question has already been answered somewhere, I tried searching for it but just turned up old information that doesn't seem to work anymore.
Ok so my issue is that even with the options of disabling screen shut-off, etc. in Kodi itself, I still get my display turned off after 10 minutes of inactivity (very annoying when watching movies obviously). I've used the x set commands to success to get rid of this issue but clearly having to boot into lubuntu and enter these commands manually each time I want to use my machine is tedious, I have no xorg.conf file to edit and have been unable to successfully create one.
Is there someone out there who can help me out with some scripts or something to fix this? Again, super-newb here as far as lubuntu itself goes so if someone's got the time to shed a little light on this I'd be so incredibly grateful.
Welcome. There is a display and sleep timer in the Settings. Ensure you have them set correctly. However, I feel like it may be your TV. Check the timer settings there. You may have an inactivity switch and the TV isn't recognizing that Kodi is actively running. If so, and you can't shut it off. ..switch ports to see if it fixes it. I've had similar with my TV. Blue delay screen after 5 mins. Maybe change your aux setting on the TV to like. .pc or game and not cable.

....suggestions...
Tag to someone else if that isn't it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
display shuts down after 10 minutes0