Shortcut to playback control
Hi!

In Confluence, I have a "fullscreen" function and the possibility to control running playback with the context menu.

How can I do that in Arctic: Zephyr? Sometimes, a movie or some music plays in the background, I can see the current playback position and title of the thing in the upper right corner but I don't know how to reach that with my remote.

Thanks!
Esc
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I don't have an Esc Key on my remote :-)
On my remote, it's the back button. Thanks for giving me the idea!
Well, it works, but it's kind of cumbersome, as I have to press the back key multiple times to get to the top-level of the navigation hierarchy and then press it again to get back to the movie.

In Confluence, I have playback controls and a "fullscreen" menu item, when a movie is playing. This is true for the top-level screen as well for all library screens below:

In Arctic:Zephyr, I have neither. While I don't know if these controls would look good on the top-level navigation, I think these side bars would really benefit from a "full screen" menu item and maybe even the playback controls. What's more, the skin shows that a movie is running, but I don't know how to select that box -- if I could just select that box somehow and click "ok" on it or something, and that would be similar to pressing the "fullscreen" menu item in Confluence, that would work great for me.

How would I do that?
Map a key to fullscreen (it is the tab key on a keyboard, so simply map a key on your remote.)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Cool, thanks, TAB works on my PC. Now I only have to find out how to do that mapping.

Also, do you know, where I can find the corresponding command (something like "System.LogOff")? I wasn't lucky trying to find it.
try this addon

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor
Well, that's pretty neat, thanks!

I've mapped my red button to "playback - previous", the green one to "playback - next", the yellow one to "log off" and the blue one to "toggle fullscreen".

So far, so good. Unfortunatelly, the only key of these working during playback seems to be the yellow one, the log off. All the other keys are pretty much ignored.
Ok, I take everything back. Now, everything works perfectly, all the four buttons -- fantastic!

Apparently, the config needed some time to "warm up".

Thank you!
Ah, no, it doesn't fully work.

"toggle fullscreen" works. If the movie is running, I can switch between the running movie and the library.
"toggle fullscreen" does not work, if I can see the playback controls. When I press back after pressing pause, it works. I'd like to have it work all the time.

"next" works, if there is a next movie in the playlist. If not, it fails and I'm on the top level navigation, my "home screen". I'd rather stay in that movie then.
"prev" works, kind of. But sometimes, it just rewinds to the start of the movie, which isn't what I'd like to have either. I'd rather stay where I am if there is no previous movie.

Details, details, ... :-)
I have the same problem with the very limited keys on the Nexus Player remote.

Without knowing a thing about how Kodi skins work; could return to fullscreen option be added to the context menu or file sorting menu. That way you'd have access to fullscreen without having to restart/resume the video or going all the way to home screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shortcut to playback control1