Mod Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 17 Krypton
(2016-02-08, 17:55)MKossin Wrote: Scott, thanks for you work. I am having an issue installing, I have installed from the zip and the repository is listed. However the skin does not show up only the GUI sounds. Is it down right now?

When add-on doesn't show up in repo, it is typically because of default setting "hide incompatible add-ons" so I have to see what dependency is causing this.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Yesterday I caught a bug: select shutdown main menu and press down - all subitems are labeled "empty". Reboot fixed this. Something like that happened with settings menu - press down, all items are there but when I selected "program addons" nothing happened. Reboot also fixed that.
(2016-02-10, 11:58)scf2k Wrote: Yesterday I caught a bug: select shutdown main menu and press down - all subitems are labeled "empty". Reboot fixed this. Something like that happened with settings menu - press down, all items are there but when I selected "program addons" nothing happened. Reboot also fixed that.

I have seen that on Jarvis too. Might have something to do with the change in Jarvis that keeps skin settings separate from guisettings.xml. The whole home window / main menu customization code is hideously complex. I could very well have broken something by accident. The best solution I think would be an entire re-design of the whole main menu. I will see if I can force it to happen, but right now I'm not hopeful of a quick fix. I think you could do a skin reload also to fix it (among other things, a skin reload forces Kodi to write out all the current skin settings to settings.xml file), which isn't a solution but is less a hassle than restarting Kodi.

scott s.
(2016-02-08, 23:44)scott967 Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 17:55)MKossin Wrote: Scott, thanks for you work. I am having an issue installing, I have installed from the zip and the repository is listed. However the skin does not show up only the GUI sounds. Is it down right now?

When add-on doesn't show up in repo, it is typically because of default setting "hide incompatible add-ons" so I have to see what dependency is causing this.

scott s.

Took another look on a clean install of Krypton 0207 build. Make sure you have the right repo for Krypton installed (ver 9.0.0). I have seen a couple times where for some reason Kodi can't read the files needed from github. But trying again it succeeds. So you might try the "check for updates" option in Kodi add-on browser which forces Kodi to try to reload the repo files from github.

scott s.
(2016-02-10, 21:46)scott967 Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 23:44)scott967 Wrote:

scott s.

Took another look on a clean install of Krypton 0207 build. Make sure you have the right repo for Krypton installed (ver 9.0.0). I have seen a couple times where for some reason Kodi can't read the files needed from github. But trying again it succeeds. So you might try the "check for updates" option in Kodi add-on browser which forces Kodi to try to reload the repo files from github.

scott s.

Thanks Scott, I uninstalled the repo and re-installed. It is working now.
scott, it seems in the "wide" view that the movie ratings are not shown properly. also the weather doesn't work properly, the next days are empty.
Thumbs Up 
Scott, I just wanted to say thank you for investing your time in this and publishing it for us to use. I am running Krypton builds for the 3D ISO support and was very sad to lose Aeon Nox.

I just found your thread today, so I'm very excited to work on getting it installed on my raspberry pi tonight!

Thanks again!
^ what he said
FYI, if I use a playlist as a menu shortcut, it does not work.
With the latest rpi2 krypton build the skin doesn't work.
(2016-02-21, 11:44)Caramba69 Wrote: With the latest rpi2 krypton build the skin doesn't work.

That is kind of unhelpful. Need to know what is meant by "doesn't work" and of course, uploading a debug log when the problem occurs helps.

ATM I am working to finish up the Jarvis version. When that's done I have to pull theses latest Jarvis changes forward, and due to Krypton removing many skin xml files it makes it a bit harder, as I can't just compare files across versions any more. I will look into the playlist issue.

scott s.
Some images are broken fuel to this change:

No more support for DXT compressed textures and DDS artwork - may break third-party skins;
(2016-02-22, 09:32)Caramba69 Wrote: Some images are broken fuel to this change:

No more support for DXT compressed textures and DDS artwork - may break third-party skins;

MQ5 itself does not use any DXT compressed images -- only PNG and JPG. Users could force creation of userdata thumbnails in DDS via advancedsettings.xml but that doesn't affect the skin.

scott s.
(2016-02-22, 21:34)scott967 Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 09:32)Caramba69 Wrote: Some images are broken fuel to this change:

MQ5 itself does not use any DXT compressed images -- only PNG and JPG. Users could force creation of userdata thumbnails in DDS via advancedsettings.xml but that doesn't affect the skin.

scott s.

But unfortunately with this build the skin is broken. The menu doesn't appear property. The same effect has aeon mq6 as well.
scott, any news here? the onscreen menu for video and audio settings have been altered and doesn't work anymore

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 17 Krypton10