Still no True HD / DTS HD on AMD.
Hey i followd these instuction 174854 (thread) but im still not getting any True HD / DTS HD sound out of Kodi.
i installed fglrx to test it and that worked! But due to kodi is not supporting xvba i need to get this done with oss drivers.
So i hope anybody can help me Smile
i have a amd a6 5400k with oss drivers and 3.19 kernel.
HTPC: AMD A6 5400K | 4GB DDR3 | Digital Devices Cine C2/T2 (V7)
Kodi not supporting XVBA? Are you sane?

It is AMD that does not support XVBA ... they don't support it since more than 5 years ...

Kernel 3.19 is a nogo. Install kernel 4.4, update firmware package, if it does not work report your issue here: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=75064

To quote the thread, that you did not read
Quote:Introduction
After AMD proprietary department did not care for XvBA for more than 2 years now and no AMD driver since 12.10 was really usable, we got into contact with the AMD OSS devs. Within just 2 weeks, we got more working than we ever hoped with the oss radeon vdpau in comparison to fglrx binary blob xvba implementation. As it now made a whole lot of fun working with AMD hardware, we have dropped XvBA completely (it is parked in fernetmentas xvba branch).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-01-16, 19:36)fritsch Wrote: Kodi not supporting XVBA? Are you sane?

It is AMD that does not support XVBA ... they don't support it since more than 5 years ...

Kernel 3.19 is a nogo. Install kernel 4.4, update firmware package, if it does not work report your issue here: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=75064

After AMD proprietary department did not care for XvBA for more than 2 years now and no AMD driver since 12.10 was really usable, we got into contact with the AMD OSS devs. Within just 2 weeks, we got more working than we ever hoped with the oss radeon vdpau in comparison to fglrx binary blob xvba implementation. As it now made a whole lot of fun working with AMD hardware, we have dropped XvBA completely (it is parked in fernetmentas xvba branch).

Ah ok then i misunderstood something. I'll try 4.4 later. Why is 3.19 a no go?
HTPC: AMD A6 5400K | 4GB DDR3 | Digital Devices Cine C2/T2 (V7)
(2016-01-16, 20:16)DasFa Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 19:36)fritsch Wrote: Kodi not supporting XVBA? Are you sane?

Ah ok then i misunderstood something. I'll try 4.4 later. Why is 3.19 a no go?

Too old. No proper hdmi clock, 24p won't work. No snd_hda rewrite code in there, which happened for 4.1+.

Edit: Additionally: Mesa 11.0.8 would be nice as this fixes some VC-1 Main issues.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Still no True HD / DTS HD on AMD.0