• 1(current)
[MOD] Aeon MQ 6 Spin-4.1 (24/04/16)
*** UPDATED 24/04/2016***

Hi everyone!

Since Aeon MQ 6 has become my daily driver (thanks to MarcosQui for his awesome work) I started to mod it according to my liking. I have also tried to adapt it to Jarvis and it works well in the options that I use (I don't know about PVR...).

I think a video will be better than a thousand words... so here is Spin-4.1

Version 4.1 has some minor cosmetic changes compared to version 4, but above all should be smoother; anyway take into account it's still a demanding mod for graphics. If you're using TvTunes addon, I would recommend setting a delay of at least 2 seconds.

If you think you have a capable computer (or you're feeling adventurousWink) you may also want to try a new feature called "Animated posters" (see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215727). In the link below you will find a folder called "Animated posters" that contains a rar file with 4 files that must overwrite the former ones in the 1080i folder of the mod. After installing you should update and clean the movie library to get the new posters.

If someone likes the mod and is able/willing to give me a rep point now or in the future I would be very grateful... up to you...Wink

If you already had Spin-3 then only need to replace the former folder with the new one. If you don’t, then follow the instructions of the post for Spin-3 but using this folder instead.

Enjoy!

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/phdikhb...Q_6_Spin-4

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** From this point, information about older versions of the mod***

In order to not interfere with the original MQ6 I have renamed my mod to Aeon MQ6 Spin-Jarvis; that way everybody can try it with no side effects in the original... both skins can exist at the same time in Kodi without problems. The users from previous Spin versions must install it like a new skin too, sorry for the hassle of setting up everything again...

The main changes of the version 3 are:

- Two sets of fonts to choose (Default and Modern). To change go to: Settings-Appearance-Fonts (new screenshots from Modern font)
- A new way to navigate in Shelf 3D view (music and movies)... I will explain it: when browsing on this screen in Shelf 3D...

...press ARROW UP and you'll get this...

...here you can browse quickly with arrow keys and Up and Down page keys... when you get to the chosen one you can start playing it with enter key or go back to Shelf 3D view with "I" key to get more information. The same for music...

...when in the main Shelf 3D screen if you hit ARROW DOWN you get the usual scrollbar, hit ARROW DOWN again and you'll go to the view options. I hope this new method can be useful for those of you with a big library.

For those that don't know about this mod, here is a small preview (with the default font, still available)...

watch gallery

To get it:

1.- Download the skin from: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1uvxey...jarvis.rar

2.- Extract to a folder called skin.aeonmq6.spin.jarvis

3.- Put that folder in your addons folder (for instance, mine (Win 10) is located in: C:\Users\Usuario\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons)

4.- Make sure you have all the addons required for the original Aeon MQ6 (if you had MQ6 installed you already have them)

5.- Install these three scripts if you don't have them yet (unzip and put them in the same folder that you put the skin)

skin.info.service (thanks to phil65) http://www.mediafire.com/download/m1c4fp...ervice.rar
skin.helper.service (thanks to marcelveldt) http://www.mediafire.com/download/gd2exc...ervice.rar
resource.images.studios.white (official addon, you can get it in the official Kodi web of here) http://www.mediafire.com/download/hx1rtp....white.rar

6.- Don't forget to set the path to your music library in the skin options in here...

I have mainly worked in the options that I myself use and that's my aim in the foreseeable future. I'm only sharing my work in case anyone happened to like it... if so, remember that saying it wouldn't hurt... Wink

If anyone is still interested in the former mods (only for Isengard) the links are:

Version 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wg1676...6.spin.rar
Version 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sqo9y4...6.spin.rar

Enjoy... Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
The SHELF 3D view looks very interesting! How does it work to view the covers back and cdart?
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
Beautiful work, test it. Thanks a lot.
Hi manfeed,

After testing.
Beautiful Shelf 3D view.
How to add only Shelf 3D view to MQ6?

JB
(2016-01-18, 11:34)JohnyBee Wrote: Hi manfeed,

After testing.
Beautiful Shelf 3D view.

JB

Thanks... the original MQ6 is 720p and this one is 1080, so it's not directly possible. In addition there's a lot of modifications under the hood (variables, includes, graphics, etc) many of which I don't even remember... I have been working on it for so long...Rofl
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2016-01-18, 11:55)manfeed Wrote:

After testing.
Beautiful Shelf 3D view.

JB

Thanks... the original MQ6 is 720p and this one is 1080, so it's not directly possible. In addition there's a lot of modifications under the hood (variables, includes, graphics, etc) many of which I don't even remember... I have been working on it for so long...Rofl

OK, thanks.......
Again - beautiful Shelf 3D view Nod
JB
Hi,

Thanks for your excellent work here ! Wink

I just wondered please how do you display runtime in hours and minutes for movies (like we can see at Duracion in your screenshot)
It is the feature that i'm looking for since a long time with Aeon MQ 6 !!!!
I have aeon mq6 installed and skin.info.service + skin.helper.service (and of course your mod)

Thanks in advance, Nod
(2016-01-18, 19:38)cyberom Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for your excellent work here ! Wink

I just wondered please how do you display runtime in hours and minutes for movies (like we can see at Duracion in your screenshot)
It is the feature that i'm looking for since a long time with Aeon MQ 6 !!!!
I have aeon mq6 installed and skin.info.service + skin.helper.service (and of course your mod)

Thanks in advance, Nod

Thanks... I have designed Shelf 3D view to use a variable that I coded sometime ago (and I added it to IncludesVariables.xml) and that returns duration in hours-minutes format. I'm not going to make any change in any of the other views that come with the original MQ 6, but in case someone wants to know more, the variables are Durat_mov for movies and Durat_mov_set for movie sets.

After testing.
Beautiful Shelf 3D view.

JB

+1

for a single 720p Version to add manually by ourselfs.

I dont wanna use this Mod as a Base to add all my other mods. Because some of them will not work in 1080p... I think others also wanna have a 720p Version. Would be nice if you could make this in 720p please.
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
In case someone is not aware, I highly recommend to use TvTunes addon for music... just make sure to go to the addon config and select Play themes when browsing Music Library... it works for artists and albums and plays a random song from the artist or album currently selected when browsing. I have also set the option Delay Theme Start to 2 seconds to improve navigation... up to you...
Manfeed you are my hero Wink

Already loved your music version and use it daily. Only never could get the artist logo working in that version. let's see what happens if I install this one on my Minix (android version)
Thnx for all your work!

Kodi is all about movies but it is also extremly usefull for music. Kodi and external DAC to my amp. with all gismo's you ever need. GREAT!
(2016-01-26, 10:42)discocandy Wrote: Manfeed you are my hero Wink

Already loved your music version and use it daily. Only never could get the artist logo working in that version. let's see what happens if I install this one on my Minix (android version)
Thnx for all your work!

Kodi is all about movies but it is also extremly usefull for music. Kodi and external DAC to my amp. with all gismo's you ever need. GREAT!

Search in your guisettings.xml file this "CustomMusicLogoPath" and put it your logos music path like this :

<setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq6.CustomMusicLogoPath">C:\Users\perico\Music\zz-CdArt\</setting>

and you have the logos, I am a fan of music version of MANFEED too.
Would the 3D art work with a addon like PleXBMC?
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
(2016-01-26, 10:42)discocandy Wrote: Manfeed you are my hero Wink

Thnx for all your work!

(2016-01-26, 11:42)emiralles Wrote: ... I am a fan of music version of MANFEED too.

Thank you for your kind words guys... I thought that no one really cared...

(2016-01-26, 14:50)danjames92 Wrote: Would the 3D art work with a addon like PleXBMC?

Sorry, no idea, maybe someone else can answer you...
hola,madre mia se ve genal , tego mq6 3.3 isengar, en spanish como lo instalo? no entiendo se volvera 1080p mi skin?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ 6 Spin-4.1 (24/04/16)8