• 12(current)
Release cdART Manager Script "NG"
(2017-12-10, 17:32)McVicar Wrote: Hi 

why does the cdartmanager read wrong musicbrainz_artistid they are in the mp3-tags and the program takes some. Here in my missing list under FELIX is a completely different ID than in Mp3 TAG
https://imgur.com/a/MnadJ
https://imgur.com/a/68F4k
this has happened to me several times already and I have to edit the I_cdart.db and read the program again so I get the pictures of Fanart.tv.

Another improvement would be nice if, for example, there is an improved image that is then changed by the program (compare date).
Because as a mod, I see the pictures are permanently improved only it is then very laborious to load the individual images and then move to the right folder.

Cheers
McVicar
 Since cdART Manager gets it's information about the files in your collection from the existing Kodi music library, I would suspect, despite your MP3 tags, if you have the Kodi option "Prefer Online Information" (or whatever it's called) enabled, then some of your MBIDs may have been changed when those items were scraped to the Kodi music library due to mismatch errors. If you don't have that option turned on then it may be the option in cdART Manager called "Check for MBIDs to be current during database updates". Disabling one (or both options) and refreshing both the Kodi library and then "updating" (not refreshing) your cdART Manager database, may get you the results you desire.
(2017-12-14, 22:37)gibxxi Wrote:  Since cdART Manager gets it's information about the files in your collection from the existing Kodi music library, I would suspect, despite your MP3 tags, if you have the Kodi option "Prefer Online Information" (or whatever it's called) enabled, then some of your MBIDs may have been changed when those items were scraped to the Kodi music library due to mismatch errors.
Just correcting this idea. In v17 and below the album MBIDs held in the music library are only taken from the tags embedded in music files, and are never overridden by those that are scraped either online or in NFO files. With "Prefer Online Information" enabled then album label, year, genre (desc string) and title derrived from tags will be replaced with the scraped values. Also the albumartist(s) can be replaced, this is only happens if the album has been misidentified (no MBIDs) or if it has MBIDs (from tags) and the Musicbrainz entry for that release had been modified or is in some way different from the artists given in the tags.
This was supposition on my part, so thank you for the correction / clarification.
Hello,
Sorry, silly question Big Grin
is the cdART manager able to download only certain/selected artist or maybe certain folder?
when I click menu Album cdARTs > Select Artist, it say PLEASE WAIT, buffering, but nothing happened...
I'm using Kodi v17.6 Krypton and cdART v4.2.1. 
thanks.
Hello,

I have a question about artist names with special characters in them, for example AC/DC. On the file system you can't use a forward slash in a name, so it is named as AC_DC. However cdART does not understand that and tries to write out what it downloads to that location, but instead it creates a folder named AC with a subfolder named DC on the filesystem. Not sure what the correct way to handle this is, but I noticed on Mac OS that iTunes replaces non-standard characters with an underscore, so perhaps cdART can be made to understand those situations?

thx
Possibly the same issue and solution... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2622538

ImageImage
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-24, 03:09)Karellen Wrote: Possibly the same issue and solution... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2622538

ImageImage

Thank you!
(2017-07-26, 20:50)meowmoo Wrote: yes there is a option the replace illegal characters and change trailing periods too.

watch gallery
With regards the above, it works fine (and always has, right back to giftie's editions) on the standard artwork download location. However it is NOT applied to the "Backup Local Artwork" option. For example, I have the artist "W.A.S.P.", it will store downloaded artwork to my designated artwork folder fine, creating a folder with an underscore (_) as the last character in the folder name (ie: W.A.S.P_). For the "backup" task, the standard artist name "W.A.S.P." folder is created, with a trailing period, and Windows baulks on folders with trailing periods, as previously mentioned.
Version 4.2.2 is now on its way to the repos.
It doesn't change much but at least addresses the behavior with the backups which I've honestly never used until I read your post gibxxi... for me it was R.E.M. which I had to delete using powershell afterwards.

Please be aware that the update will "break" the restore of old fashioned backups if the formerly mentioned option is active (it defaults to "on" now). The restore process will not search for the old folders with illegal characters. So it might be better to copy your old backup to a safe place and create a fresh one after the update is installed.

Thanks everyone for answering questions here!
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for the update Stefan. Been a bugbear of mine for quite some time, glad to see it fixed.

Smile

Dan/Gib.
Hi!
Is this thread still alive?

I am just working my way through the settings of the cdART Manager Addon. My Music Database is on a NAS Drive and structured as follows:

smb://192.XXX.YYY.ZZ/music/artist/album

I wouid like the CD Arts named as cdart.png and be stored directly in the corresponding "album" folder. What settings must i make to acchieve this?
@Reelyator

As far as I am aware, this add-on has not been updated for v18 or v19 and does things differently than the new standard introduced in v18.

I wouldn't be using it if I were you.

cdart.png no longer works with Kodi. You need it named as discart.jpg

Read here for v18 and be aware that things have changed for v19... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_artwork
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-26, 20:59)Karellen Wrote: ...

cdart.png no longer works with Kodi. You need it named as discart.jpg....

This is strange because i just checked with Kodi 18.2 an Rapier, this works perfectly fine with cdart.png.

But i will follow your recomendation not to  use this addon because i have similar feedback from other forums as well.

Thank you!!
(2020-12-27, 13:52)Reelyator Wrote: This is strange because i just checked with Kodi 18.9 an Rapier, this works perfectly fine with cdart.png.

cdart.png images still work in Rapier.
Support for cdArt Manager script is removed from Rapier 12.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cdART Manager Script "NG"2