• 3(current)
Release cdART Manager Script "NG"
Thanks for answering........now I know
note to self: copy meowmoo's +1 explanation to the wiki page when i can find some time ;)
How do I update Cdart Manager when I add a new album or artist? The first time I ran it, it took 15 hours to update "addon database"
I really like this program.............. could someone write a short user's guide?

Thanks!
how does one update just 1 or 2 new albums added?
every time I go in and do an update to the database the program goes and reads all the discs and takes forever to complete.
this is very frustrating considering that I have over 41,000 songs in the library.
any thoughts or advice please.....
Regards,

PJ
There are two options in the menu:

*** DO NOT USE ***
ADVANCED > MODIFY ADDON DATABASE > REFRESH ADDON DATBASE
as this will delete cdART Managers data and restart from scratch, so only use this if you have a damaged database or so.

*** USE ***
ADVANCED > MODIFY ADDON DATABASE > UPDATE DATABASE
to synchronize the addon's database to kodi. As the translation of this option is not always clear, this is the last option in the list. This will NOT aks you if you want to delete the database (as the other option will).

Syncing data is one of the main areas of improvement in future releases but for now, this is the way to go.

Some nerdy information? It takes so long because it tries to determine the musicbrainz id for every single album and artist.
musicbrainz has limited it's API to do a check once a second and so most of the time the script sits there and waits until it's allowed to send the next request. Depending on the quality of your tags it needs several requests for a single artist and album... I've already a concept to speed this up but all this takes some time, sorry.
(2016-02-28, 12:32)stef.an Wrote: Depending on the quality of your tags it needs several requests for a single artist and album...

So what would be the best practice to reduce the requests?
I tag all my albums using MusicBrainz Picard.
Beebox N3150 - LibreELEC 7.90.009 | Synology DS212+ NAS 6TB
Panasonic DMP-BD65 bluray | Yamaha RX-A3030 AVR - Kef KHT3005SE 5.1 speakers | Optoma HD87 projector - Exclusiv-Home 2.8m 16:9 screen
(2016-02-28, 12:32)stef.an Wrote: There are two options in the menu:

*** DO NOT USE ***
ADVANCED > MODIFY ADDON DATABASE > REFRESH ADDON DATBASE
as this will delete cdART Managers data and restart from scratch, so only use this if you have a damaged database or so.

*** USE ***
ADVANCED > MODIFY ADDON DATABASE > UPDATE DATABASE
to synchronize the addon's database to kodi. As the translation of this option is not always clear, this is the last option in the list. This will NOT aks you if you want to delete the database (as the other option will).

Syncing data is one of the main areas of improvement in future releases but for now, this is the way to go.

Some nerdy information? It takes so long because it tries to determine the musicbrainz id for every single album and artist.
musicbrainz has limited it's API to do a check once a second and so most of the time the script sits there and waits until it's allowed to send the next request. Depending on the quality of your tags it needs several requests for a single artist and album... I've already a concept to speed this up but all this takes some time, sorry.

Thanks for your response.... I do use the update option when I am adding 1 or 2 albums. However, the script still goes onto checking all the id's... I have all my music pre tagged using Picard and music brains.

You have a great product here. just wish it could run a bit faster for the updates.... any timeframe of when you will be implementing your new concept...
thanks once again.
Regards,

PJ
Hello!

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but cdart.png and folder.jpg keep getting dumped into the root directory instead of the individual artist and album directories. I believe my file system is properly prepared:

DRIVE
.\Music
.\.\Artist1
.\.\.\Album1
.\.\.\.\Artist - Track1.ext
.\.\.\.\Artist - Track2.ext
.\.\.\Album2
.\.\Artist2

Not sure what's going on since it seemed to download the fanart into the respective directories properly...

Log files:
http://xbmclogs.com/poz63cqvo
Thats how the Addon work, Folder (album cover) and cdArt belong to the mp3's, everything else can go where ever you wannt
I may have phrased my problem badly.

The Addon is dumping everything into MUSIC, with the filename DISCART.PNG. Which means it's continually stalling or overwriting the same file over and over instead of writing it to MUSIC\ARTIST\ALBUM\DISCART.PNG where the mp3 is located.

Either it has to put them in their own directories, or give them distinct filenames, right? There are no MP3s in the root MUSIC directory. They're all in ARTIST\ALBUM subdirectories.
Your xbmc log link gives me a 502 error, so no Chanc to check it Sad

Just make sure, you are running Stef.an latest version from git?
(2016-02-28, 15:13)incubus Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 12:32)stef.an Wrote: Depending on the quality of your tags it needs several requests for a single artist and album...

If you got the mbid in the tag, it could not get better Smile
(2016-03-02, 18:00)meowmoo Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 15:13)incubus Wrote:

If you got the mbid in the tag, it could not get better Smile

I agree that the quality of tags is the key. I have about 200 albums which would take ages every time I ran the update. I have spent the last week or two getting all the albums tagged using musicbrainz picard and now the update literally takes 2-3 minutes.

One question to stef.an - when starting the addon, the message 'checking fanart.tv for new artwork' flashes up ... what is the addon actually doing at this point (apart from the obvious!) is it just pre-caching search results?

And btw - thanks for getting this addon up and running again!
Raspberry PI3 - LibreELEC 8.2.2 - Kodi 17.6 - Aeon MQ7 Krypton Mod 1.4.0.10
I think I'm having some trouble understanding how cdArt is supposed to work.

My sources of information:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:CdART_Manager
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ight=cdart

- Running Isengard for now
- On Mimic

I have a functional music library that found most of the album covers. I manually downloaded a few and linked to the art by hand.

cdArt sees the library and appears to have downloaded all the appropriate fanart, CDs, and Covers it can find.

How do I point my library at what cdArt found? There's no automatic update that happens. If I download all the cdArt material to a local folder I still have to manually point each and every album to the appropriate art. Looking at the instructions ("path to music library", second post, previous thread), I thought I could point a library folder setting (Artwork settings??) to the same folder and they'd work together. So far nothing. Is there a way that this is supposed to be automated?
For the 'path to music library' you have two options - you can either point it to your actual music library (if you only have one) or you can point it to a separate 'Music Artwork' folder.

Setup 1:
To point it to your actual music library (in this example, point it to 'Music Folder'), the library must be in the following structure:

Music Folder
------Artist1 folder
------------Album1 folder
------------Album2 folder
------Artist2 folder
------------Album1 folder
------------Album2 folder
etc ...

In this setup, available fanart, logo, banners, and artist thumb will be copied into each artists folder, while available album covers & cdart will be copied into each album folder.

Setup 2:
The second option is to point to a separate 'Music Artwork' folder and CDart manager will create a sub folder for each artist and put the available fanart, logo, banners & artists thumbs in there.
The album art & cdart will still be placed in your actual album folders irrespective of which option you choose. This is because it is where the skin is expecting to find them.

With either of these options your music folder(s) will need to be in the structure mentioned earlier and you will also need to remember to set the path to the artwork in the music section of your skin (collection/change view - get artwork artist/album - these are options for aeon mq6, not sure about other skins). For setup 1 the path will be to your music folder, for setup 2 the path will be to your 'Music Artwork' folder. This is so the skin knows where to find the extra stuff (logos, fanart etc).

After you add new albums to your library, you will then need to perform an UPDATE database in CDart manager, and then scan for you desired artwork (this has to be done individually at the moment, but hopefully a 'scan for all artwork' option may find it's way into a newer version - nudge nudge, wink wink stef.an)

hopefully this info has made things a bit clearer for you
Raspberry PI3 - LibreELEC 8.2.2 - Kodi 17.6 - Aeon MQ7 Krypton Mod 1.4.0.10
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cdART Manager Script "NG"2