• 10(current)
Release cdART Manager Script "NG"
Hi

Is there any manual about CD Art and how to use it?
I'm new to this point so..
Also I use the Chroma skin which should display the CDArt but doesn't seem to work yet so if I get from both side a little manual I think it's easier for me...

I update my database and than with the menu I choose every single option to download files, which seems to work as I can see them in my given ArtWork folder...
But I'm not sure if that's all...

Many thanks in advance
Hi Busta Uppa, sorry for my delayed response.
I've got the log and honestly it doesn't make me happy what I see... I think there might be a problem when using the Windows Store App (you ar using it right?) but I'll have to investigate a litte further. At least the scipt tries to reset its database as it encounters an error but that fails and the script doesn't get any further from that point.
(2017-05-19, 20:08)stef.an Wrote: Hi Busta Uppa, sorry for my delayed response.
I've got the log and honestly it doesn't make me happy what I see... I think there might be a problem when using the Windows Store App (you ar using it right?) but I'll have to investigate a litte further. At least the scipt tries to reset its database as it encounters an error but that fails and the script doesn't get any further from that point.
Thanks for looking! Now that you mention it, I think I may have installed from the Windows Store. Would using the 32-bit installer ("traditional" download) work better? I've got no problem resetting Kodi if it will help... I'm still in the experimental phase of configuring everything so I've got nothing to lose at this point.

Oh and if using the installer is preferred, should I go for nightly build or just the default? Krypton 17.1 okay to use?

And since I may be starting from scratch, I may as well make double-sure: should I install from "script.cdartmanager-NG.zip" downloaded from GitHub? Official repo?
If you really don't mind you could give the Installer a try, but usually it shouldn't make a difference - as far as I know it will not reset your Kodi as the paths to Kodi's data look the same.

Mybe you could reset cdART Manager first by deleting its data folder as there's something wrong with its data, maybe it was just a temporary problem.
To do so exit Kodi, delete "C:\Users\gabes\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.cdartmanager" and start the plugin again. But you mentioned you've got a large library...

Currently both the repo and my github versions are exactly the same. ALWAYS stick with the official repo version because my github sources are always "under construction" and could cause really *really* bad things to your music. And they might cause a global stock market crash if used unthinkingly Wink Btw. you wouldn't receive any future updates if you install it manually.
Okay thanks! I'll delete the current script and try the official Repo. I actually copied a couple of artist folders and a sample compliation to a new directory so I could use it as a "Test Library". I should be able to try a few things now without waiting overnight to see if it pans out!
So I uninstalled the Windows Store version of Kodi, and used the regular 32-bit installer. Added CDart Manager directly from the depository.

I successfully refreshed/updated the addon database using my test library, so that the bottom of the screen displayed the correct number of "Local Album Artists:__" and "Local Discs:__". That's a step in the right direction since I never had values displayed for that before.

However, using the "Automatic Download" selections in the menu, it seems I can download every type of fanart except CDart. Every result is either completely blank, or shows a generic CD image with "fanart.tv" written on it. It's a bit puzzling as I deliberately used well-known artists for my test library.

When I go to manually check the MBIDs, it seems a ton of album IDs are missing. I'm not sure why that is, as I know for a fact I have tagged everything through Picard. Does CDaM default to an online lookup for some reason, ignoring the embedded tag?

I took an example screenshot here, to illustrate all the missing MBIDs: Image

Again, I know all my files include the MBIDs, but even after playing along and trying the options to find missing IDs and such, this is all I get.

Meanwhile, the albums that do show an MBID still don't have CDarts... total count for that is still 0. And when I try do to an automatic download for CDart, I just get a window flashing by very fast and going away, apparently not downloading anything.
Same here. I get everything else downloaded except cdart.png files
On my system there is also no cdart downloading
I use a Raspberry Pi 3 with LibreElec 8.0.1 MR
Looks like the scraper update will make cdArtManager obsolete

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11755
Sorry guys, I've found the bug with the disc art... the pull request is awaiting approval, please update to 4.2.1 when it becomes available and cdart.png problems should be solved.
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/512
Yes it's working now, grate. Thx stef.an
@Stef.an
I was wondering if you can add an option to scrap thumbback.jpg and spine.jpg artwork since now aeon nox + mq7 multi-mod additions has an option to display them.

See post #926 here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=301497&page=62

and here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=308624
Hi. Maybe a stupid question, but i cannot find anywhere. Is it possible to execute the database update on the background? I am now looking at a screen where retrieving album details takes very long. It is getting information for 4277 discs, so it makes sense, but i cannot do anything anymore while this is running. I would like this process to run in the background so that i can do other things like watching a show/movie.

I did use the earlier mentioned settings so scanning is quicker. But it still takes a lot of time to complete.
Hello stef.an,

I ran the cdART Manager on my library, and had no problems except the following glitch.

For the artists that appear on Compilation Albums, it created new folders and placed artwork in the new folder. All good so far.

Unfortunately some of those newly created folders end with a period "." - Boney M. and t.A.T.u.

Windows sees the trailing period as an invalid character in a directory name, now I am having trouble deleting these directories. See here

Is this an issue you have heard of previously? Can cdArt's behaviour be modified to prevent this?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
yes there is a option the replace illegal characters and change trailing periods too.

watch gallery
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cdART Manager Script "NG"2