Win stuttering video on pan horizontal or vertical
I have an HTPC (Lenovo Q190) with W10 and latest drivers.

I've noticed that when the video pans either orizontal or vertical instead of being a fluid movement it does stutter (jumps).
It's super annoying.

Apparently is not dependant from the video format.

Is there anyway I can debug and try to understand why?

thank you for your help
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
This is a pretty interesting Lifehacker link that offers some plain simple easy to understand information on judder. The title areas is 'Get Rid of “Judder” with 24p Playback' obviously you will need capable hardware (e.g. my LG TV can only do 24fps 1080i on the HDMI ports and I'm a resolution addict), But there's enough in the article to at least come to grips with what you're dealing with. Often just a redo of your set-up will be the solve.

The "How to Calibrate Your HDTV for Better Video Quality in 30 Minutes" has got to be worth something.
I've started to check that but it does not appear to me to be an issue of that type...
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
As you describe it in your first message, sounds like lack of frames between motion and looking at what people are talking about 'judder' seems to fit (check the video in the link). Do you have a capable display for 24 fps? Think of a flip book, if there's not enough pages in the book, the movement jumps, but if there is enough, then it's smooth motion. It is possible you don't have enough frames in the content, this would depend on the source etc.. and then there's also the issue of dropped frames (Kodi will tell you that using the OSD) or perhaps the encode was too compressive. I might be tempted to bring in a suspect video into some editor and see if you not only have the # of frames, but the movement is fully delineated.

There's also the issue of some people having eyes quick enough that, 24fps in video is just not enough for their persistence of vision. Check out the same video with different viewers like VLC or MPC and see if the player makes the difference. I really don't have much more to offer as an explanation, other than what is in those links, but if independent players handle the videos better, then Kodi should be able to adjust to that level, it's just tweaking.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stuttering video on pan horizontal or vertical0