Android Kodi causing router issues?
Hi everyone,

I'm new to all this and after a couple of hours of reading and fiddling I've finally given in and decided to ask for help!

Today I received an MXV S805 box, installed Kodi, and have been trying to use addon installer to select various things I want to install. Whenever I pick anything, it will start downloading, get to about 20% and then I get an error. When this happens I lose connection to the internet on all of my devices and have to wait a few minutes for it to come back.

When it happens the network page on Kodi goes from busy under MAC address and Internet, to connection not available.

It happens without fail and I'm not sure if its a problem with Kodi, the box, or my router settings. It also happens on either wifi or ethernet connection. If it helps I have a netgear D3600 so maybe I have to change some settings there?

Sorry for being a bit lost with it all, any help would be great.

Jen
Kodi does nothing to your network configuration. most probably the firmware on your box interferes with the router, try to get firmware updates.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...es-network
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hi Hannes,

Thanks for explaining about Kodi, I think the firmware I have is more up to date than the main one posted on that thread, but I'll give it a go! I'll update too!
Hey Mihbles, I wanted to reply to this as I'm also experiencing issues with Kodi causing my Internet connection to go to crap. While Kodi is plugged into the network, packet loss & timeouts to the internet hit about 50% pretty consistently. When I remove the network cable, internet connectivity is restored. Strangely this only seems to happen while Kodi is not playing anything - but I'm going to do some more testing to see if this is actually true or just happenstance.

I'm probably going to whip out wireshark and do some packet sniffing to see if I can identify what Kodi is doing that is causing such issues. I'll update if I find anything.
I'm having same issue. Were you able to find anything?
colonelcorn maybe you have a dublicated ip in your LAN?
do you have fixed ip's or dhcp enabled?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi causing router issues?0