v16 Series record
Can anyone shed any light on whether this upcoming feature of Jarvis is anything to get excited about for DVBViewer users? Apart from the Beta 1 release post and a few MediaPortal threads, I can't find much talk about it.

Now obviously DVBViewer doesn't have a baked in Series Link feature however it's perfectly capable of setting a timer based on a show title and optionally a channel and recording everything that matches. What I'm getting at is, is there any hope that the new Jarvis API might give us the ability to quickly and easily set recurring/search-based timers? Or alternatively, is there already some way to achieve this that I've missed? Thanks.
Due to lack of time I haven't worked on new PVR features for a while. So in short: No, there aren't any specific series recording enhancements.

However as you've already said one can easily create a series recording using the DVBViewer recording service webinterface.
is it a plan to integrate it in the addon? and also, the new timeshift indicator?
thanks for your work!
There's always a plan. But I'll also happily accept pull requests.

I forgot about adding support for the IsTimeshifting call. However the indicator doesn't make much sense for the dvbviewer PVR because it's *always* timeshifting unless timeshift is disabled in settings.
well, the indicator makes sense!
it was done, because most of pvr´s do timeshift all the time (vdr, tvheadend, ...).
Like this situation: i pause tv, then i will play again 5 minutes later. In the progress bar i actually don´t see how far am i... with this indicator you can see, how far behind live tv you are.
good explanation like here in mediaportal: Klick

P.s.: big thanks to you for the addon!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Series record0