ExtendedInfo Script Dialog in Movie / TV Show Library?
Hi! When I play a movie or a tv show with Arctic: Zephyr and pause the movie, I can launch "Extended Info" and get a dialog with more details about the movie.

I get a similar (but not quite) "out of the box" experience, when I set up all the scrappers and sources on a client in the movie library view context menu ("Movie Information").

If the scrapper is not setup (most of my clients are "read only", I don't add movies there, I just watch them) or not working right (it happens), then this "Movie Info" item is not available in the context menu:

My question: I like the look of the "Extended Info" from a playing movie. Also, having to start playing a movie first to get infos about it kind of sucks. Can I add a shortcut to that dialog to the movie library / tv show library context menu as well? How would I do that?

Thanks!
I'm not sure what you mean by "client", but the problem you are referring to (about Movie Information not showing when you click the context menu on a highlighted movie) is most likely related to scraping issues. Are you sure that the movie you selected has been scraped in as a "movie"? If not, then Kodi will not recognise it as a movie and the option to view "Movie Information" will not show.

Or, are you using some sort of addon to browse movies? This could also be a problem.

Regardless, you can set Kodi to always show movie/tv show information before playing a video so that you don't need to click the context menu every time and view "movie information" or "tv show information" by going to: Settings > Videos > File Lists > Default Select Action and selecting "Show Information". This will mean that Kodi will show you the movie information screen when clicking on a playable item. This is also my preferred setting Smile

Hope that helps
Hi!

Thanks, I know about the Default Select Action, for me, that has two drawbacks:

1) most of the time, I know what I'd like to watch, the additional step isn't really needed for me.
2) With "Default Select Action - Show Information", I have the impression, that only one video is played. For example, when I play a video of a tv show, only one episode is played, not all of them until end of season like it would be otherwise. I'm a binge-watcher, so that's not too good for me either :-)

By client I mean the combination of a Kodi installation with the Operating System, TV / monitor and everything else needed for "one Kodi experience". I have four clients:

- My main PC (Windows 7 Pro + Dualscreen)
- My second PC (Windows 7 Pro + Dualscreen, where the second screen is a Full HD TV)
- My Laptop (Windows 8.1)
- My Raspberry PI 2 ( OpenELEC + bigger Full HD TV)

I also have three profiles ( master / adult / kids ). So, instead of setting up everything everywhere, I just set up the scrappers (add source + "set content") on my main PC. But not on the others ( I have a central MySQL DB ). This works great, except the Context-Menu entry for additional info is only available on the Main PC -- that's why I'd like to introduce a new Shortcut in that menu, if that's possible by any means.

The movies are scrapped alright, on my main PC is everything fine, the only thing missing is the Movie Information entry on the other clients.
Yes, using a centralized database will get you this result if you do not set the folder "source" location type to movie. So what is happening on your other players is that they are getting the information from MyVideos93 (or whatever database you have in MySQL), so they will play and appear properly, but the individual player dows not "know" the files are movies so the menu item allowing you to get "Movie Information" does not show. Go back and set each source locally as "This folder contains movies" and it should fix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ExtendedInfo Script Dialog in Movie / TV Show Library?0