• 4(current)
v17 Shield ATV - Krypton (pre) Alpha 1 PT audio issues & Test Builds
v17 19jan16 arm build for Shield TV.

All of Koyings builds in v16 gave me out of sync audio with any DD 2.0 or 5.1 files so i had to find another solution.

v17
Everything works great until you pause or press stop. Watching a DD 5.1 track and I hear the duhduhduh noise from my amp it wont go away when not watching a movie. When this happens if I try and watch another DD file I get audio back but the noise is still there when pause or stop. If I try and watch mp3 or aac file audio then there is no audio only picture. This only happens after hearing the noise when the movie has stopped. Finally if I goto a DTS 5.1 film this seems to fix the problem and I can stop that and watch aac or mp3 audio again!

You want a log here it is: took out lots of videoinfoscannerinfo btw. All the good stuff is nearer the bottom.
http://xbmclogs.com/pnrwkk681

lines 7254 7255 looks like it is saying it is outputting 2 channel and not 6 channel but it does output it correctly at 5.1 and amp shows this.
Thanks for your report, could you please use my testing build?

That the audio is in sync is a very good information!
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Quote:lines 7254 7255 looks like it is saying it is outputting 2 channel and not 6 channel but it does output it correctly at 5.1 and amp shows this.

That is fine. DTS / AC3 are sent with just 2 PCM channels FL,FR - it's a virtual format, the AVR unpacks.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I am currently building a new testbuild. This is a real testbuild - it will fully spam your log, so not meant for every day, I want to see the computed delay, the silence the engine outputs and the stats the engine gathers. That's why we need to cooperate in a very good way:

- Turn on debuglogging
- Quit kodi
- Start kodi
- Play exactly one type of a sample, e.g. TrueHD, DTS-HD, EAC3, DTS, AC3
- Wait until you hear an issue, when the issues comes up press "o" on a keyboard, if you don't have a keyboard press "OK" (cause I see that in the log), hide the on screen display afterwards again
- Stop the movie
- Stop kodi
-> Upload the log with a short description, e.g. I watched a DTS movie and suddenly it sounded like Britney Spears or I tried TrueHD and it got no picture it just stayed black

Deal?

Edit: Pending build: http://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/Android-ARM/6712/console
http://xbmclogs.com./pae5vzndm

using your current test build.

basically for me you have achieved DD & DTS 5.1 now without the duhduhduh sound which is great.

No HD Audio works at all. All black screen and in the beginning the osd says buffering - which is mad as its a local small file.
(2016-01-20, 19:08)master345 Wrote: http://xbmclogs.com./pae5vzndm

using your current test build.

basically for me you have achieved DD & DTS 5.1 now without the duhduhduh sound which is great.

No HD Audio works at all.

Hi, does your bug description match the last post? :-)
(2016-01-20, 18:45)fritsch Wrote: I am currently building a new testbuild. This is a real testbuild - it will fully spam your log, so not meant for every day, I want to see the computed delay, the silence the engine outputs and the stats the engine gathers. That's why we need to cooperate in a very good way:

- Turn on debuglogging
- Quit kodi
- Start kodi
- Play exactly one type of a sample, e.g. TrueHD, DTS-HD, EAC3, DTS, AC3
- Wait until you hear an issue, when the issues comes up press "o" on a keyboard, if you don't have a keyboard press "OK" (cause I see that in the log), hide the on screen display afterwards again
- Stop the movie
- Stop kodi
-> Upload the log with a short description, e.g. I watched a DTS movie and suddenly it sounded like Britney Spears or I tried TrueHD and it got no picture it just stayed black

Deal?

Edit: Pending build: http://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/Android-ARM/6712/console

Deal. Anything for perfectly sync'd, instant audio come V17 RC. Smile
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
Deal. Post the apk link when it is ready. I want Android HD audio on v17 please!
(2016-01-20, 19:12)master345 Wrote: Deal. Post the apk link when it is ready. I want Android HD audio on v17 please!

It's a few months off minimum, calm down lol. You can get it right now with V16 test build.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
just to add when i try the hd audio files with the passthrough settings switch off they play perfectly but only as pcm. dts master plays as dts.
danjames92 - Unfortunately any Dolby Digital file is out of sync for me with v16 on Shield.
(2016-01-20, 19:21)master345 Wrote: danjames92 - Unfortunately any Dolby Digital file is out of sync for me with v16 on Shield.

Using the 10th test-build build? It's fine for me. Check your SHIELD is set to 0ms in the sound settings and your amp has enable auto-delay so it syncs properly.
(2016-01-20, 19:20)master345 Wrote: just to add when i try the hd audio files with the passthrough settings switch off they play perfectly but only as pcm. dts master plays as dts.

that's normal...

if passthrough is disabled = decoded pcm.
if you pass... through the audio = the format you have gets passed,.

lets keep the thread pre-alpha V17 based if we can.
Using the 10th. Shield set to 0ms but I dont think my amp has auto delay. Onkyo HTS6305 package bought 5 years ago.

UPDATE: It says it has got HDMI Lip Sync feature. may do some testing.
Guys, please ... we splitted the thread to not confuse users.

In this thread: v17 alpha audio debugging only, please.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shield ATV - Krypton (pre) Alpha 1 PT audio issues & Test Builds2