• 2(current)
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary
(2016-01-21, 18:37)whitebelly Wrote: I think the database should import the standard Comment tag, and then there could be a sort or filter option on that field. 'Comment' is standard but open tag field that the user could choose to use however he or she desired. For example, I may want put FLAC or MP3 in the comment tag and then choose a smart playlist with only FLAC. Maybe someone would want to use if to flag music with inappropriate language, or HD Audio tracks, etc. In short, a simple way to provide the user with some sorting and filtering customization that would not impact overall functionality or scheme.

Comment tag is scanned and stored, and displayed on the Song Info Dialog, but I don't think that playlists or custom node rules can query it. That is a simple addition, and would make a great tag for own use.

What you give as an example could be done better, I think, if filename could be used in playlist rules too. Again, not too hard.

Hey guys turns out this is already done Smile

Both comments and filename can be used in smart playlist rules for songs. That was even easier than I thought!!
^Yes, my FLAC/MP3 example could be done as well with filename, and already the directory can be queried, so that is good.

Good to hear it would be easy to add queries of the Comment field for playlists/nodes, I think that would be awesome. Go for it!
(2016-01-21, 21:01)whitebelly Wrote: ^Yes, my FLAC/MP3 example could be done as well with filename, and already the directory can be queried, so that is good.

Good to hear it would be easy to add queries of the Comment field for playlists/nodes, I think that would be awesome. Go for it!

Yes it would be great to easily filter out songs with different quality.
Mp3 - CD quality (flac, wav...) - High Resolution (24bit Flac) - DSD

This would make it much more easy for me.
At the moment I keep them all in a separate folder and navigate through file selection and not really using the library function
(2016-01-21, 18:26)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2016-01-21, 17:59)DaveBlake Wrote: Maybe we could do with many more custom node/playlist examples? I think you can do all that you want using those, have a go!

Funny you say that, I've been thinking the exact same thing for past week.

When I've got some time I'll create a section on the Wiki where we can give more examples of custom nodes, and then have a thread somewhere users can share any xml's they create and they can be added to the wiki.

I started a new thread in the development forum for Node examples. Can people post any in there

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257378
(2016-01-22, 08:50)psysfaction Wrote: Yes it would be great to easily filter out songs with different quality.

At the moment I keep them all in a separate folder and navigate through file selection and not really using the library function

This is possible already! Filename "File" is a smart playlist rule item for songs, create a rules "ends with" ".mp3". Not exactly file quality, need bit rate for that, but the type of file is a start.

Node example here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2224189
(2016-01-24, 11:19)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 08:50)psysfaction Wrote: Yes it would be great to easily filter out songs with different quality.

This is possible already! Filename "File" is a smart playlist rule item for songs, create a rules "ends with" ".mp3". Not exactly file quality, need bit rate for that, but the type of file is a start.

Node example here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2224189

Thanks I will have a look into it and try it.
The quality Tag would be nice in the library since I have some albums from the same artist in different qualities
(2016-01-24, 16:46)psysfaction Wrote: The quality Tag would be nice in the library since I have some albums from the same artist in different qualities

On second thoughts quality is a property of the file rather than a meta-data tag. But that doesn't rule it out, as we store duration in the library and the file timestamp too (called "dateadded", but it isn't the scanning date as one may have thought), both file properties.

But for what you want we would also need to use quality to uniquely identify songs.... How do you identify them currently? Are all the lower quality files in a specific folder?

Just thinking aloud really, always facinating to know what others have as their music collections, and would like to do with it.
Having discovered that you can already filter songs by both comments and filename, I was wondering if this would also be useful at artist and album level.

What I mean is being able to create rules (hence playlists and nodes) where you get those albums or artists that have songs that have a comment like XXX. Would that be useful?

This is how all the genre based rules work. It is all about the existence of songs for that artist or album with that song genre. Yes you can add artist and album genre by scraping (NFO or database), and these get displayed in the info dialogs, but all the genre filtering is (pretty much)* song genre.

*That is a slight over simplification, and I will explain if anyone makes me, but this a "request" section so not getting to technical here.
(2016-01-24, 17:57)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2016-01-24, 16:46)psysfaction Wrote: The quality Tag would be nice in the library since I have some albums from the same artist in different qualities

On second thoughts quality is a property of the file rather than a meta-data tag. But that doesn't rule it out, as we store duration in the library and the file timestamp too (called "dateadded", but it isn't the scanning date as one may have thought), both file properties.

But for what you want we would also need to use quality to uniquely identify songs.... How do you identify them currently? Are all the lower quality files in a specific folder?

Just thinking aloud really, always facinating to know what others have as their music collections, and would like to do with it.

Right now I am keeping all my mp3 music in a separate folder.
Then all losses music I have in a folder called "Music HD" there I have more subfolders for "24-bit" and "DSD" for music that has higher quality then CD.
Right now that all works since my collection is not too big yet but I am planing to start ripping my old CD collection in Flac next time i am in my home country again and then I'll suddenly have much bigger collection and it could start to become a hassle to navigate.
(2016-01-20, 18:52)zag Wrote: Nice to have all requests in one place

- Support for Music Decades filtering EG. 1990s, 1980s nodes

- Top 10 charts from countries (see https://rss.itunes.apple.com/us) example https://itunes.apple.com/us/rss/topalbum...t=true/xml
- Top 5 tunes by each artist (see theaudiodb.com API) example http://www.theaudiodb.com/api/v1/json/1/...2ba2e14234
- Last.fm charts for trending music (see Last.fm API)

Zag, the decade filtering can be done with a smart playlist.

The charts are sort of possible with this addon:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200391

It uses youtube as the player. Unfortunately it will very likely break at some point, because the developer has gone AWOL. Last.fm charts are not included but some other cool playlists.
I've got an request about Music Navigation

It would be nice to be able to jump (Search) from the "Music Information screen" this contains text labels for Artist and Track.

It would be great to be able to click on these fields and then jump to that filter so if you were saying listen to a various artists album you could easily jump straight to that artist's music or click on the track title to see a list of other versions you have of that track

A thought about using the script.globalsearch add-on from the Music Information screen so like :

There are labels for Artist and Tile so if a Search (Preferably a % Fuzzy Search) for these values could be triggers from here it would great.

Can this be added or point me in the direction of the page and Calls I would need to make.

I have a VB/HTML/XML (little Java) background so no Python but happy to "Play"

(http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=246398)
I agree Silki navigation from song info dialog to artist would be nice. But no need for a fuzzy search, when on a song in the library we know the artist IDs (can have more than one artist) and could go straight to the artist info dialog for them, or to album or song node filtered by that artist ID.

But I have only worked on core code, so I really know nothing about addons and can't advise how to proceed with that side of it. Let me know if you find out.
Any idea why we "Sort by name" by default rather than "Sort by track" this catches quite a few people out, see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258460 for an example and I've seen many similar posts in the past.
No idea jjd-uk, but IMO the default view of songs level should look as much like a CD back cover as possible, at least have that data in the obvious order etc.
There is a thing that I stumbled upon just recently. Through this addon http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2231846 it is now finally possible to add songs to a specific m3u playlist. It puts the song at the end of the list (which is fine). Now to move the track in the m3u playlist up or down I use the playlist editor. So far so good.

The playlist editor lacks the function to move one track to a position other than exactly one position up or down in the list. In a long playlist this makes moving a track twenty or more positions up quite a lot of work. You need to move the track twenty times one position up (which is always two clicks).

The playlist editor should have the same function as the now playing list, where you can choose a song, hit "move", find the the position in the list and then choose "move to this position". I hope it's clear what I mean.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary7