• 3(current)
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary
DaveBlake, Thanks for the support ... as you have worked on the Corse code is that not possible without using an addon then ?

The advantage of the "fuzzy search" option is where artists are Featured yet ID3 information does not state an additional artist.
* Easier playlist making: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=251963
* Use scraped information and possible combine it with the info in id3tags, without overwriting those id3tags -> I have 15k songs ripped from my entire cd collection. I have no problem with Kodi showing the information in my handmade id3 tags, or showing other (added, missing, other, etc) information. What I don't want is Kodi to mess up my carefully created id3 tags. I had to start over just once, and that was enough... Wink
* In addition to that a way to tag a song or cd to an entry in MusicBrainz, or Discogs, so that all information is correct. This could be done automaticly while scraping and adding to the DB, or started by hand, when playing an album.
* Milkdrops or other beautiful moving backgrounds for Android
* More statistics about favourite songs, as someone else already wrote
* Biographies / discographies about artists
* Combining songs (like moviesets) from artists with multiple artist names (Tim Berg & Avicii)
(2016-02-01, 16:32)Silki Wrote: as you have worked on the Corse code is that not possible without using an addon then ?
Honestly I have no idea. I went straight to work on core because I knew I wanted more data held in the library, and that was definitely not an addon thing. Need to ask elsewhere about the scope of addons and how to do one.

Quote:The advantage of the "fuzzy search" option is where artists are Featured yet ID3 information does not state an additional artist.

As a data/library man (that has just added all that people tag processing) I would make sure my featuered artists were tagged. Then the database would have them, even if I had my artists node showing only album artists, and they would show on track and song info dialog, and I could find all the things we mentioned from there. Not in a tag, means not on screen, means not in database, means a search (fuzzy or otherwise) has to be typed name and won't find them anyway.

I hope I'm not sounding discouraging. Go reserch addons and have a go at doing things!! Contributuions welcome Smile
I will roll it all in to summary (eventually) , but a few questions:

(2016-02-01, 17:27)Sjors125 Wrote: * Use scraped information and possible combine it with the info in id3tags, without overwriting those id3tags -> I have 15k songs ripped from my entire cd collection. I have no problem with Kodi showing the information in my handmade id3 tags, or showing other (added, missing, other, etc) information. What I don't want is Kodi to mess up my carefully created id3 tags. I had to start over just once, and that was enough... Wink

Kodi has never changed music files themselves, but scraping artist and album info could in Isengard replace song artist library data unbidden. That bug is fixed in Jarvis. That said, what happened that caused you to have to start over and re-tag? Also nice big library, care to do some testing for me?

Quote:* Biographies / discographies about artists

Already posssble - scraped info includes this stuff.
Hi Dave,

I am not sure what happened. It was not Kodi related, but I think iTunes or Windows Media Player messed my entire library up...
So now I am extra careful about allowing programms to do something with my music DB.

I am using Kodi 15.2 with Confluence at the moment. What do you need me to test?

Another idea: if I browse my music library and choose Dr. Dre for example, I would like to see not only the songs he made himself, but also the songs in which he participates (so Dre's own "Still Dre" and 2Pac's "California Love"). Same goes for Martin Garrix, David Guetta, Tiësto, etc. They've made a lot of songs themselfs, but remixed or participated in a lot of other songs.

My library is almost entirely based on the information of Discogs.com. For easthetic reasons I changed all "ft." and "feat." to featuring and added all featuring artists to the song name, instead of the artist name. To use the Dr Dre example again: "2Pac - California Love (featuring Dr. Dre)" or "Madonna - Die Another Day (Tiësto Remix)". Is Kodi able to do what I want, with ID3 tags like this?
(2016-02-02, 12:28)Sjors125 Wrote: Another idea: if I browse my music library and choose Dr. Dre for example, I would like to see not only the songs he made himself, but also the songs in which he participates (so Dre's own "Still Dre" and 2Pac's "California Love"). Same goes for Martin Garrix, David Guetta, Tiësto, etc. They've made a lot of songs themselfs, but remixed or participated in a lot of other songs.

My library is almost entirely based on the information of Discogs.com. For easthetic reasons I changed all "ft." and "feat." to featuring and added all featuring artists to the song name, instead of the artist name. To use the Dr Dre example again: "2Pac - California Love (featuring Dr. Dre)" or "Madonna - Die Another Day (Tiësto Remix)". Is Kodi able to do what I want, with ID3 tags like this?

Use picard to tag your music, and one of the latest Kodi nightlies and this will work fine.
DaveBlake Thanks for the feedback.

I'm happy to "have a play" ... just need an idea where to start .... ?

Is there a Schema for Kodi ?
Right I have found that the DialogSongInfo.xml is the window that shows the Song info

These lines that natch the view as expected :

<content>
<item>
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Title]</label>
<label2>$LOCALIZE[369]:</label2>
<onclick>noop</onclick>
</item>
<item>
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Artist]</label>
<label2>$LOCALIZE[557]:</label2>
<onclick>noop</onclick>
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Artist)</visible>
</item>
<item>
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Album]$INFO[listitem.discnumber, - $LOCALIZE[427] ]</label>
<label2>$LOCALIZE[558]:</label2>
<onclick>noop</onclick>
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Album)</visible>
</item>
<item>
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Genre]</label>
<label2>$LOCALIZE[515]:</label2>
<onclick>noop</onclick>
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Genre)</visible>
</item>
<item>
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Year]</label>
<label2>$LOCALIZE[562]:</label2>
<onclick>noop</onclick>
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Year)</visible>
</item>

So how do I turn these "ITEMS" into a clickabel button that will run this script (Addon)

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Global_Search
(2016-02-02, 12:28)Sjors125 Wrote: Another idea: if I browse my music library and choose Dr. Dre for example, I would like to see not only the songs he made himself, but also the songs in which he participates (so Dre's own "Still Dre" and 2Pac's "California Love"). Same goes for Martin Garrix, David Guetta, Tiësto, etc. They've made a lot of songs themselfs, but remixed or participated in a lot of other songs.

Kodi can do what you want BUT not with that tagging. I totally understand why you have tagged as you have, but how can Kodi, or any media player, know that part of the song title is sometimes an artist? You will be able to search titles, but the featured artist will never be known to Kodi as an artist.

The better route is to re-tag (sorry, not what you want to hear). Either
a) put multiple artists in the artist tag separated by space-slash-space, and put main artist in album artist tag
b) Use Picard, putting artist as you want e.g. Madonna - (Tiësto Remix), artists (note s) tag as Madonna / Tiësto and 2 musicbrainz artist Ids.

Either way Kodi will know about all artists. a) will show "Madonna / Tiësto" while playing, b) will show "Madonna - (Tiësto Remix)".
This came from another thread but we now have "Theme" support for music Albums.

See below screenshot:

This brings about the possibility to filter music by specific themes like "Party", "Christmas" or another example "Break up".

To make it work, just go edit the album on TADB with a new theme, choose the universal scraper and refresh that single album to see the result.

So now you can organize your music by Mood, Style, Genre and Theme! You can also potentially combine these, for example to find all excitable party music. Pretty cool.

EDIT: since this is a feature request thread how about an Add-on that asks you 3 questions. Whats your mood? What Style do you prefer? What theme would you like? Then it plays albums that match that criteria. Pretty sweet after a long day at work not having to choose music Wink
(2016-02-02, 12:53)zag Wrote:

Use picard to tag your music, and one of the latest Kodi nightlies and this will work fine.

I will look into Picard. Thanks.

(2016-02-02, 20:36)DaveBlake Wrote:

Kodi can do what you want BUT not with that tagging. I totally understand why you have tagged as you have, but how can Kodi, or any media player, know that part of the song title is sometimes an artist? You will be able to search titles, but the featured artist will never be known to Kodi as an artist.

The better route is to re-tag (sorry, not what you want to hear). Either
a) put multiple artists in the artist tag separated by space-slash-space, and put main artist in album artist tag
b) Use Picard, putting artist as you want e.g. Madonna - (Tiësto Remix), artists (note s) tag as Madonna / Tiësto and 2 musicbrainz artist Ids.

Either way Kodi will know about all artists. a) will show "Madonna / Tiësto" while playing, b) will show "Madonna - (Tiësto Remix)".

Which way would you suggest is the very best way to tag my music? If I do have to change a lot (hopefully not all) of the tags of my songs, I really do want to do it in a good manner and for the very last time. Wink
While "we" are looking at Audio can we clear up the Gapless Audio option.

As far as I can see on the WIKI gapless audio is 100% supported for MP3, Flac etc

Yet on the forums there plenty of posts about it still having gaps and which settings to use.

Personally I get a Slight "Click" of a gap when playing continuous music, its not terrible but you can hear its just happened.

My old Crraive MP3 player and Winamp have no such click or gap.

So am I missing a setting ? or can this be made eve more slicker Huh
Most likely the "Output configuration" setting in Audio output, if set to Optimised then I would always expect gapless however if set to Best Match there maybe small gaps in order to maintain correct sample rate for example.
jjd-uk, thanks for this

I have now tried Optimised and the gap is less , its still there a little but seems to be more noticeable depending on how the mixed album has been split into tracks.

Going to compare some more with WINAMP as theirs is very slick and not noticeable, do we think Kodi could gee that good ?

I have my Resample Quality to GPU, is this correct ?
My request

Option to put "singles" artists in folders, at the moment the db just lists all singles, But i think for people who have a lot of singles & not that bothered about albums it would nice to have the option of
singles -> some artist -> tracks.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary7